Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bizarro so-called resonator guitar

Bizarro so-called resonator guitar

It's been a while since this section had a post--so here goes something I found on the Guitarz blog
    It's a fun blog of odd guitars--so this picture should probably also go in the interesting guitars thread.

Bizarro so-called resonator guitar

While I am sure the hole in the guitar would affect the sound, this seems like someone either didn't quite understand what a resonator guitar is, or they just wanted to try something different.

It could still be interesting to try though.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I got tired of seeing no responses to this thread, so I thought I'd add this. ......

Box guitar
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I got tired of seeing no responses to this thread, so I thought I'd add this. ......

Box guitar
    I don't need your pity posts...

But seriously--some interesting guitars there.
    Especially this one-
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I started out looking for a picture of a guitar that a friend on another forum built a few years back......It's a Strat with a cookie tin lid resonator. Can't seem to find it anymore, but there are some neat things on that site, aren't there?

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I started out looking for a picture of a guitar that a friend on another forum built a few years back......It's a Strat with a cookie tin lid resonator. Can't seem to find it anymore, but there are some neat things on that site, aren't there?
    That's what I said.

The one I posted almost looks like they used an old metal vegetable steamer.

It's nice to know there are other mad scientists out there......particularly when they're more bent than I am, lol. One that I've never seen but I'm curious about since I heard about it was built by wrnchbndr, the guy who restored my 59 Tele neck. At one point a few years back, he was busy working on a Les Paul with a banjo pot.

There was an old Guitar Player magazine with a story about a guy who made a guitar from an old plastic fridge drawer.
    I'd like to hear what that sounded like.

As I have a spare neck, from an abandoned project, there's a part of me that would love to make something like that...
    Maybe one day I will.

I could attach it to this (The tuner on it is from the neck I'm referring to)
    But that could wreck the vibe of that thing, so I'd rather put it on something else.

I wonder if an electric "resonator" guitar could be built, maybe from a solid body with a series of Strat trem springs picture-framed into the middle.

Ya can't pick up a turd by the clean end

A friend of mine makes these:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paul Jones guitar.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	2796  
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.