Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Something New

The Something New

When I sold my archtop Fat Elvis I said that now I can get something new & this is it. I went into my favorite music store this morning & found this mint Taylor 214 CE that had just been traded in the night before. It had just been set out. It was half the price of a new one & in like new shape not a mark on it. It sounds amazing & plugged in I was blown away at how it sounded so rich & full. I made up my mind in about two minutes that it had to come home with me. I have never had a higher end acoustic before so this was a new experience for me.

Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Happy NGD, KC. Hope you enjoy it.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Right time at the right place!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Awesome guitar- but keep that one away from the wife's notice!

Lol. She knows. The funny thing is I had it on a stand in plain sight & she came home from work and was home for hours & didn't notice it at all. Around 8:30 last night I fessed up & said did you really not notice that on the stand over there? She looks at it & say's oh is that new. Lol. How much was that one? I told her she just laughed & shook her head. I quickly said what I got from Fat Elvis pretty much payed for all of it. She says I don't care Hun I know that stuff makes you happy. I am a lucky man. I

Yes you are!

Actually nowadays the only gear I really buy is band related equipment I need on gigs. One of these days I do need an acoustic however but I think something else would have to go first.

Glad to hear that you can have a HNGD that isn't dampened by domestic politics. You are a lucky guy. Now, if you could just get her interested in playing...

Also, I'm interested to know how much time you'll spend acoustic vs electric after the new wears off.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Stand by guy's. Modification coming. I'm thinking Floyd Rose. Lol just kidding. Mild personalization. I know. I'm a sick man but at least I have gained the skill to go at an expensive instrument without hurting it. I hope.

I like Taylors--even the lower priced ones, although I do prefer some of the body sizes & shapes to others, but they make good stuff.

Enjoy!
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    ...she just laughed & shook her head...
    I read this and I heard in my head, a line from Rick Springfield's song, Jessie's Girl:

"Where can I find a woman like that?"
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.