Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD- Rainsong BI-JM1000N2

NGD- Rainsong BI-JM1000N2

New guitar day!

Rainsong BI-JM1000N2. Full carbon body and neck. Looks funky, but the real reason I bought it is because the humidity in my house has been at 3-5% for a solid week- at these low levels I can't really leave any of my guitars out of the cases.

Nice guitar. I got it used. It is pretty big and pretty loud- it has an acoustic pickup too...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	3861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0054.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	3862  

Cool--I've played some of them--and they sound better than most people seem to think.

Enjoy!
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Wow, interesting guitar. HNG Day! Not what I would have imagined you having, but I understand the concern about the humidity issue. I assume that's a result of your heating system? Do you use any case hydrometers?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    ...Not what I would have imagined you having...
    No kidding!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

You are 100% right- it is not the kind of guitar I would normally buy but the 0% humidity issue is a crisis- all my guitars will start cracking if exposed to these conditions. I tried a room humidifier last year and they are not really designed for raising the humidity of a room from 3% to 40%. Having a whole house humidifier installed would be very expensive- I looked into that last year. So rather than fight it, I figured that going all carbon will not only give me a guitar I won't freak out about on the stand in extreme dry conditions, it will give me a guitar that is robust for outdoor gigs. Kind of looks edgy too with the crazy carbon patterns on the body, although that is not a selling point for me.

Our house has steam heat- is the heating system the cause? When it gets cold in NJ, the humidity drops pretty drastically. Although weirdly it is supposedly 63% humidity outside right now , yet it is 3% in the house. I have no idea but every time you touch a doorknob you get shocked- my hands are so dry they are cracking all over.

I do use case humidifiers.

Okay--mental note--watch climate if I ever move to NJ...
    Hope the Carbon fibre guitar helps
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    ...a guitar that is robust for outdoor gigs. Kind of looks edgy too with the crazy carbon patterns on the body...
    dB, whenever ZT posts a freaky looking guitar, you often say "I can't take that guitar to a jazz gig". And then you go and buy this dreadnaught from Mars.
    I for one am shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    ...Our house has steam heat- is the heating system the cause?...
    I remember being in houses or hotels that were steam heated, and them being more dry than usual.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    dB, whenever ZT posts a freaky looking guitar, you often say "I can't take that guitar to a jazz gig". And then you go and buy this dreadnaught from Mars.
    Ha ha, that is true. Although this guitar would never go out to our regular gigs. The band had thought about trying to do a free concert in Central Park where amplifiers are not allowed without a permit but I never really had an acoustic that I could take to such a gig. The Martin would not be suitable for something like that. Something like this would be. Mainly this will be a stand guitar for home practice.

The house is much drier than in past years. Normally I don't have to worry about such low humidity until well into January- I just hope the nosebleeds don't start soon.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Just love the tone I read into this...

Pretty nifty guitar however...