Thread: NGD - Cort Luce Series - Cort L300VF

NGD - Cort Luce Series - Cort L300VF

New Guitar Day! Again...

So after getting the Cort L450CL, Caught the acoustic bug bad enough to chase around a specific guitar in whole of Australia. I finally got it. A poor manís version of a 1930ís Martin OM. This will hold me over until I can get a fully custom made one from my luthier friend. Need to save a lot of money for that though.

So I sold the Cort L450CL, not that its bad, I love every inch of that guitar, but I really wanted this in the first place and when I couldnt find one, I bought the L450CL instead, and it left me wanting more for this. Lesson learned, wait for what you really want.

The Cort L300VF. Solid Adirondack Spruce top, Solid Mahogany Back and Mahogany sides. Visually stunning and sonically amazing. Tons of guitar for the money without the Martin logo. Iím a happy camper. I can finally sleep now. or not. Can't put this down.

More detailed photos coming soon, and a review of what I think about it, for now, here it is.

congrats IAITB!

Well they will see you coming with that one...

Enjoy!
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    congrats IAITB!
    Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Well they will see you coming with that one...

Enjoy!

Thanks guys. I dont have that feeling of regret anymore. When I bought the L450CL, it made me feel like I did settle.

On the other hand, I was ready to buy the Yamaha LS16m, which is all solid body, with passive pickups. But this one cost half of that because its used, but Like New. And if I buy the Yamaha, yes, I will be happy, but not happy enough because, still its not an OM acoustic.

It's great when new gear doesn't feel like settling...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    It's great when new gear doesn't feel like settling...
    Yes, but Im dealing with a new problem. my impatience and trying to do things on my own. My stupid self shaved a bit too much on the saddle on this one. The good news is, if I play fingerstyle, Its like no effort at all, but if I strum, then we have a problem. Im surprised by the quality of the neck and construction. I have almost zero relief very straight neck, 0.1cm at the 12 fret and Im not buzzing at all. if I do strum hard, I get a buzz on the 2nd fret. but that is all.

I did measure everything, but I guess it was just a tad too much. I have a new bone saddle on order and will probably measure again but stop way before I get super close on the measured line... I was just trying to get the action down to 0.15 at the 12 fret.. knowing I have to double that to know how much to shave off the saddle.. I stopped at the exact line mark. so yeah.