Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amp logo

Amp logo

Does anyone know where I could get custom amp logos made? I was thinking of replacing the logos on all my gear with my own name. A quick and easy way of reminding people of who is entertaining them. It may not be cheap, but I'm not the kind of guy to hang a sign (even though it has been suggested many times). I like multi-use things. So an amp and PA cabs with my name on are doing their job AND advertising.

I also might get decals for some of my guitars. I have my name on the truss rod cover of my Carvin and Carvin/Ibanez guitars.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Okay, a bit of Googling got this:

So what’s it cost? | Amplates.com

Setup: $25
    Plate engraving: 16″ X 2″ X $1.15 = $36.80
    Shipping: $14
    TOTAL FOR THIS ORDER: $75.80

...If I lived south of the border. Add $31 for Canucks, and I'm looking at about nearly $110US for one, under $40 each for additional ones.

If I got 6, they would come to about $50 each. If I got 8, it would be $45 each.

That's about double what I would thinking of spending on this thought...
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I like the idea, but, man, that's a chunk of money. The way our dollar's taking a shxt-kicking is starting to make buying American an expensive proposition, isn't it?

Have you given any thought to using plexi with adhesive vinyl overlays? That's pretty cheap by comparison. I did that for my Spellcaster headstock decals and got a lifetime supply under 20.00 at a local sign shop. You could order mirrored plexi that's used for pickguards and it would look pretty good.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Spray paint is much cheaper--and just in case--some grill cloth, and cardboard for a stencil.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I like the idea, but, man, that's a chunk of money. The way our dollar's taking a shxt-kicking is starting to make buying American an expensive proposition, isn't it?
    Yeah, after finding those prices, I decided that this won't be happening soon. My career has had it's ups and downs. If this coming year brings gigs that warrant the advertising, i will have another look at this idea.
    And - although I thought about the current lousy exchange, I did not include it in my posts here. Another reason to hold off. Or hopefully find a Canadian company that would do this. There used to be a company downtown here that would have done this very nicely. I think they are gone though.

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Have you given any thought to using plexi with adhesive vinyl overlays? That's pretty cheap by comparison. I did that for my Spellcaster headstock decals and got a lifetime supply under 20.00 at a local sign shop. You could order mirrored plexi that's used for pickguards and it would look pretty good.
    This is a good idea. I will look into this one. Thanks, Spell.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Spray paint is much cheaper--and just in case--some grill cloth, and cardboard for a stencil.
    I have seen touring bands with their band-names spray-painted on their gear. And road cases. There are lots of Canadian road cases with big red "Rush" painted on them.

That's where I got the idea from.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I can hand sculpt the Logo of Your design in 3d lettering out of super sculpey,
    the only available color option however, would be white lettering with black inset.
    Gloss White raised letters with a textured black backround.
    Probably a metal backing plate to prevent cracking.
    Polyverathane sealed 3x.

Any gold or chrome metallic finish would have to be done by someone with a flamespraying rig, (ala c-3p0)

My prices, are as always, somewhere between what the client can afford, & what they think it's worth :P
    "The problem with the internet (and e-mails) is you cannot hear someones voice, see them smile, nor notice a tongue planted firmly in cheek" - Andy Fuchs

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Okay, a bit of Googling got this:

So what’s it cost? | Amplates.com

Setup: $25
    Plate engraving: 16″ X 2″ X $1.15 = $36.80
    Shipping: $14
    TOTAL FOR THIS ORDER: $75.80

...If I lived south of the border. Add $31 for Canucks, and I'm looking at about nearly $110US for one, under $40 each for additional ones.

If I got 6, they would come to about $50 each. If I got 8, it would be $45 each.

That's about double what I would thinking of spending on this thought...
    wow that is a LOT of money...

Are you looking for the entire faceplate where the knobs go?, or just a custom name plate?

If it's just the name plate there is a Canadian company that can do it. They are here on the west coast.
    http://www.altechanodizing.com/laser-etching/
    They anodize and laser etch. They are quite accommodating. The setup charge is a little higher, but the per piece price is quite a bit lower.
    Pricing might be a little different for you though, as I supply my own metal/ parts.

Their laser etching actually cuts into the metal, unlike most places that burns a consumable onto the metal.
    Last edited by Mreilander; 02-03-2014 at 02:12 PM.