Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAD

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Hey, they make big amps for a reason, and they make small amps for a reason. I'm glad I have the Session Man 2x12, and I'm glad I have the Session Man head. And I'm glad I have a few 1x12 amps as well.
    I'm not that old yet--and I much prefer a smaller one--at least use at home--I can move it around to different places quite easily.
    I have a Garnet Stencil with a 15" speaker in it.
    It's not that heavy--but it is awkward to move.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I have been taking my SessionMan head to gigs with various cabinets. So my 2x12 combo is staying in the living room for now.

A couple of days ago I swapped out the speakers in the 2x12. It came with 8 ohm Garnet Marslands, wired in parallel, so 4 ohms total. I put in a Celestion Greenback and a Peavey Sheffield, both 16 ohm, also wired in parallel, so now 8 ohms. A higher impedance load will mean that they amp will not be pushing as much power, so will be a bit quieter for home use. It also may extend the life of the tubes.

It sounds so much better with these speakers. I loved the sound of this amp as soon as I got it, but I have been putting it through different cabs, and they all sounded better than the stock Marslands.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Those amps reek of '70s goodness. I traded my Hotrod DeVille one Sunday morning after carrying it out of church and did something to my shoulder. Now I play through an Orange 35RT combo, solid state with a 10" speaker, or my Panama Fuego head through a Laney 2x12 cab. I'm too old for the heavy gear.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

Yeah, we're getting old- I haven't taken my 2x12 cab out to a gig in quite some time.

I'm glad I never bought that Marshall stack...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.