Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAD

NAD

Um, guys...
    Guess what!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Session Man 1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	3847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Session Man back.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	3848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Session Men 2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	3849  
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

congrats! Looks like a pretty big amp- is it for home/studio use or for gigging?

Cool! Those are great sounding amps!
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Nice! HNUAD!
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    congrats! Looks like a pretty big amp- is it for home/studio use or for gigging?
    It will be for gigs when there are no stairs, and I am having a good "back day".
    For now, it will be a home amp, and I cannot stop playing through it. Or rather, through the two of them (150w total) together.
    The head is driving two Peavey 112e cabs - one with a Greenback; the other with an Emminence Red Coat Wizard.
    I would love to get a gig that warranted the whole stack.

I got the combo from the same shop I got the head from. When the owner saw the combo, he got it for me. He knew I would want it.
    By the way, it weighs 65 lbs, which is the same as a Fender Twin, according to what I just read on the net.
    When I carried it to the car, I had second thoughts, but when I played through it, I was glad I had it.

I know - with all my whining about my back, you guys must think I have lost my mind buying this. But playing through these Garnets, I feel like I have come home. I don't know if it's the EL84's, or 'Gar' Gillies' design, but I am intrigued.
    :-)
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

It needs some servicing, and I may have a small mod done.

There are three foot-switch jacks. One for fuzz (which I will rarely use), one for reverb (which I never use) and one for tremolo. But the tremolo foot-switch does not turn the tremolo on and off. It switches speed!
    The tremolo has two speeds, like a Leslie, which can be activated with a pull-pot or the foot-switch.
    I am thinking of having it modded so that the reverb foot-switch will become a tremolo on/off foot-switch.

Name:	Session Man footswitch jacks.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	3851  

Speaking of fuzz, the first Session Man amps (1969 to 1970) had fuzz; the later models had a master volume.

This is the Session Man I had in 1980 or so (with my Hiwatt). It was made in 1977, from what I have found. I sold it a couple years later, and have really regretted it lately. I think this one I just bought may be the only time I have seen a Session Man combo in the past 30 years.

Name:	1979 - Hiwatt, Garnet & Dano.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	3852   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1979 - Hiwatt & Garnet.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	3853  
    Last edited by doublewah; 12-10-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Very, very cool.

Enjoy!
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    Got one! (Thank you, Canadian Tire.)
    And I use it almost every day with my PA.

I have been reading a couple of funny threads about how heavy twins are (usually 65 lbs, same as my Session Man), and thinking about how I will be using my dolly with this amp, when necessary.

The heavy twin threads are funny, because the young guns all say something like, "twins are for real men", and the old farts all say something like, "wait til you get to my age".

Hey, they make big amps for a reason, and they make small amps for a reason. I'm glad I have the Session Man 2x12, and I'm glad I have the Session Man head. And I'm glad I have a few 1x12 amps as well.