dB might find this little amp of interest:
    http://www.voxamps.com/MV50

$200 US

12.5 watts into 16 ohms
    25 watts into 8 ohms
    50 watts into 4 ohms
    Phones/Line out with speaker emulation

Plus, they claim to have created a smaller tube that mimics a 12AX7:
    Last edited by doublewah; 01-28-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Kinda like looking at a SuperBeatle through the wrong end of a telescope.

That's a cool little amp.....Fairly well thought out in terms of features and it hits the mark price-wise.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Looks cool--wonder what the price would be in Canada?
    I am also thinking of the Orange Micro amps--greta price-low weight-low price-small size.

If one store had the two Orang Micro amps & these ones--I'd love to test drive them all.
    they all fit my GAS for a small tube amp--even if they wren't a bunch of tubes like bigger, more expensive & heavier amps.
    I'd just need to rig up a jack for my sort of cab/ex amp & see if that speaker is any good--or else get the new speaker oo.
    And both the Vox & Orange have headphone jacks...

I see something to check out.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I'll have to see if there are any in stores to try one out- thanks for posting.

I think they are brand new. I stopped in at a local store the other day, and they couldn't find anything about them.
    Sweetwater has listed on their site (that's where I got the $200US price), but they are marked as "New Item - Coming Soon!".

I am not in a hurry, but I would like to try one as well, and probably compare it to the little Orange amp. The store I was at had those in stock. If I like the Vox, I may get one and sell my HotOne 5 watt amp (which sounds really good). I would most likely get the crunch one, although I will have to see how the clean one sounds with my pedals.
    I have no intention of getting one of their cabs. The point is for this to be a tiny backup if whatever amp I bring to the gig fails. So I would likely bring in one of my Peavey 112e cabs to try with it.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Something about maturing--and realizing that 100 watts is not twice as loud os 50 watts--much less than that--means you can get into these sort of things.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    I have no intention of getting one of their cabs. The point is for this to be a tiny backup if whatever amp I bring to the gig fails.
    exactly the point!

That almost looks small enough to be an amp-in-case build.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I'm sure you could do it, Spell!

Maybe someone will put one in a big jazz guitar and just run a speaker cable out of it.