Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Lesser Known Vintage Aussie Amp Brands

Be CAREFUL on pawn shop pricing

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Be CAREFUL on pawn shop pricing
    Yup!

the vintage tele was in a guitar store though, priced really well for a 70's. around 3.5k aud.

I'm not actually sure 70's would be considered the golden age for Teles however...

I'm not actually sure 70's would be considered the golden age for Teles however...
    Figured just as much, but the 76 I held was pretty nicely built. straight neck, snug neck pocket, light, thick neck. They were really not in the golden age of Fender quality but this one is an exception to the rule. The shop owner also showed me pics of the guts and pickups, and all was clean. However, why does all 70's fender comes in Natural color and maple? I really dont like natural tele's. I could have looked past it, but I wont be able to love it if I cant look at it.

For that money however you could get a really nice new one!

For that money however you could get a really nice new one!
    There are tons of rich people here. LOL Apparently our local classifieds is filled or saturated with high end PRS, Gibsons, Fenders, Andersons, pretty much all these high end guitars that I know nothing about. for 3.5k I can get the top of the line Fender Custom shop here that's barely used.

Well, if you have the cash
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    There are tons of rich people here. LOL Apparently our local classifieds is filled or saturated with high end PRS, Gibsons, Fenders, Andersons, pretty much all these high end guitars that I know nothing about. for 3.5k I can get the top of the line Fender Custom shop here that's barely used.
    Unless you have other reasons, I think you'd be just as happy or even happier with a newer model.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Well, if you have the cash
    which I dont. hahaha.

Unless you have other reasons, I think you'd be just as happy or even happier with a newer model.
    I've thought about it. Say, I have the money, and I can get a vintage guitar, I would really think twice. First, Im not a pro musician that benefits from music, and I will never get back what I spent on my gear. Its all just money going out of my bank. Second, If I ever stumble on a vintage guitar that I can miraculously afford, I will just treat it as a normal guitar that Id play. If I can flip it for a profit later on, I will. I'll get a car or something. But if a vintage guitar was given to me, or is something special, or has sentimental value, Id just keep it. Third, vintage guitars I think have quirks, Id be happier with a newer model built today, in near zero tolerances for fitting, playability and electronics. I mean, if I can get a new body and neck and fit it with vintage pickups, that would be my way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    I mean, if I can get a new body and neck and fit it with vintage pickups, that would be my way to go.
    There are many custom pickup makers that will make your pickups to spec. You tell them the year and the PU and they will know how to wind it.

Don't get me wrong, I have vintage guitars and I like them a lot. But if you a player (not a collector), you are not going to want to bring that 50's original archtop out to a gig. I'd be most interested in vintage guitars if a modern equivalent did not exist than one simply hoping it will appreciate.