Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audience participation gone wrong

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    I don't dance...
    I used to use an excuse not to dance that basically implied that I was so used to being the one who played the music that I'd never felt that good about being on the dance floor. (Pretty much true in my case, lol)
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I used to use an excuse not to dance that basically implied that I was so used to being the one who played the music that I'd never felt that good about being on the dance floor. (Pretty much true in my case, lol)
    I've had people who don't believe me that I can't dance well, and that I don't enjoy it, because I am a musician.

But I play the instrument--I don't dance-even if I move whole playing.
    I mean, I move more than John Entwhistle, but a whole lot less than Pete Townshend.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I half expected somebody to have a story about unwanted audience particpation, where someone jumped up on stage and tried to join the band. I hear that Keith Richards has the right idea on how to handle it when that happens......

"I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Fear the skinny guy wielding the Telecrusher.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I half expected somebody to have a story about unwanted audience particpation, where someone jumped up on stage and tried to join the band. I hear that Keith Richards has the right idea on how to handle it when that happens......

My first reaction is what the hell? Was that fan really a threat? But then, who knows what the Stones have experienced?
    (Altamont, for one thing.)

I saw a KISS concert in Toronto where a fan was "beat up" at the side of the stage by security. Turns out it was local boy Sebastian Bach, singer for Skid Row. He is also good friends with the band and the biggest KISS fan in the world. He and the security guys were giving us a side-show.

By the way, has anyone read the comments at the Youtube page for this video? Not one of those comment-posters has a clue what he is talking about.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

That clapping was really pathetic. I don't mean to generalize, but it's a bunch of middle-aged white people, most of whom, wouldn't know a sense of rhythm from a hole in the ground. They were lip-synching, for sure. No cords on the guitars. The camera work on that video was horrible.

I went to the Swinging Blue Jeans' website. They're still gigging regularly in England, with not one original member left in the band.
    Last edited by DrumBob; 02-13-2014 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumBob View Post
    ...They're still gigging regularly in England, with not one original member left in the band.
    My band opened for Survivor a few years ago. Survivor was fronted by the second singer, the one who did the second album. Everyone else in the band was a sideman. I called it the "No Survivors" tour.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumBob View Post
    That clapping was really pathetic. I don't mean to generalize, but it's a bunch of middle-aged white people, most of whom, wouldn't know a sense of rhythm from a hole in the ground.
    Which reminded me of this scene-
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.