Thread: Vacation band?

Vacation band?

This year my family is taking a trip to Germany in the Summer and I was debating putting together a vacation band so we could play a gig or two while we are over there.

The only question is how do I find players? Since I would hold down guitar, really I only need 2 guys, a drummer and a good trombone, sax or clarinet player but I am at a loss as to how to find players for something like this.

Any suggestions on how to put together a vacation band? Anyone ever do something like this?

dB

dB, I have tried to do something similar in Germany. No luck so far. I will email you...
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

no takers other than DW? Surely doing a band while on vacation isn't that radical an idea?

I'd love to do it, just not sure how it work out in my case.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Hey db, you should post your idea in Strat or Squier-talk which have a few German posters, maybe they'll help you out.

Not a bad idea Ed, but I don't know the guys on either forum. How are the vibes over there?

The vibes are pretty good I must say and Squier-talk has had a big influx of new posters recently, including German's. Think of it this way, they might be open to collaborating with an outsider to gain a new perspective to playing. I think it's worth a try.

I rarely post on Strat-talk as most of the people that I knew have passed on but it's still friendly and cordial there.

OK I will check it out.