Thread: Gigging on New Year's Eve?

Gigging on New Year's Eve?

Curious to hear from the guys who are out gigging about their policy on New Year's Eve gigs.

Our general policy is that our band rates double that night although in certain facilities I will make an exception and go with normal rates. I will never discount or do a cut rate offering on that day no matter what.

Personally I would rather actually just stay home New Year's Even, but you have to go where the business is...

What about you others?

dB

ditto

I have gigged pretty much every New Year since I was 19. I generally charge double or more.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I haven't played a paying gig on New Years in a couple of decades, although the band I was in four years ago played a freebie News Years party for our friends.

I think back to some good times playing New Years though.....My first gig as a bass player (in the early 70's) happened because of a three-weeks-thrown-together dance band for a really classy place. (And we fooled 'em, and it was the biggest band payday I ever had). I was never much of a partier, so didn't feel like I was missing out....Being able to play for people that were having a good time was my idea of how to do New Years.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I've never gigged on New Years Eve...

But I have strummed a guitar on New Year's Eve at a party, at least once or twice...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    ditto

I have gigged pretty much every New Year since I was 19. I generally charge double or more.
    I'm pretty sure we won't be playing out New Year's Eve this year but we will see. As I said I would kind of rather stay home...