Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Social Media

Quote Originally Posted by Mreilander View Post
    Lastly, put your shortform links on all you literature/ business cards. If you don't have a shortform link, PM me and I can walk you through setting one up.
    Mike, I might have to take you up on this- I tried to create the shortform link and it said I wasn't allowed to.

These are all great things to consider- I'm actually very surprised that we never had a topic on this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Mike, I might have to take you up on this- I tried to create the shortform link and it said I wasn't allowed to.

These are all great things to consider- I'm actually very surprised that we never had a topic on this yet.
    Well it doesn't help me--that's why...

But seriously it is something that should have been mentioned earlier for those who do gig.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

My biggest problem with Facebook is I don't actually care about it. I have to literally force myself to post anything

My biggest problem with Facebook is I don't actually care about it. I have to literally force myself to post anything
    I get it, I've been there. It might be beneficial for you to get one of the kids to administrate the page. Just tell them the gist of what you want to post and let them do their thing Another alternative is to hire a social media manager. You supply them with key points, dates and pictures, and they construct and schedule the posts on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mreilander View Post
    I get it, I've been there. It might be beneficial for you to get one of the kids to administrate the page. Just tell them the gist of what you want to post and let them do their thing Another alternative is to hire a social media manager. You supply them with key points, dates and pictures, and they construct and schedule the posts on your behalf.
    My daughter said she'd do it for me so that is a step in the right direction,,,

My daughter said she'd do it for me so that is a step in the right direction,,,
    Thats a good start!

Dont forget about videos too! You'd have to start recording something from your band and post it on FB. Marketing nowadays involves all senses especially on social media. Philippine brands are starting to make video commercials on Facebook. It's free, shareable and can get viral pretty quick

If I signed up I would either be on there a lot--and it woudl eat up time--or I would hardly ever be on.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Thats a good start!

Dont forget about videos too! You'd have to start recording something from your band and post it on FB. Marketing nowadays involves all senses especially on social media. Philippine brands are starting to make video commercials on Facebook. It's free, shareable and can get viral pretty quick
    Yes I need to post more videos.

Problem is that when our drummer records us the angle is often poor because he can't find a good place to set up and the room acoustics are not balanced. Bearing in mind that horns on most gigs are not amplified so their sound will only project in a straight line. So if the player turns during a solo or someone walks in front of the camera, the recording could have a sudden volume drop. It would be a lot easier getting recordings off a mixing board/ pa but with a room of 100/150 people you don't really need that and it would double the amount of equipment I would have to bring.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._recorder.html

These things are tiny, take great audio and have inputs to connect to your board. Merge the audio onto your video, and voila! High quality youtube vid.

A little pricey, but extremely useful
    Last edited by Mreilander; 03-03-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Problem is most of the time we aren't playing through a board. The only time I generally need to amplify the band is if we are playing outside (or a very large room). I do have a Zoom I should use more often however.