Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for lucrative program ideas

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    We don't have a specific list for Valentine's Day but generally for something like this we'd probably play Broadway music (like On the Street Where You Live, etc.).

That said, Valentine's Day hasn't really been a date that the band plays that much anyway (maybe because we don't have a Valentine's Day list as you pointed out!)
    Well you could do love songs in general --or love songs of an era or genre over the years or ones with staying power over the decades.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Yeah I could try to market a love song set list- I'm not sure how much interest it would generate other than Valentine's Day.

We might have a 4th Irish gig- a library just contacted me and said that they are interested if we can find a mutual time/ date. Considering we had zero St. Patricks Day themed gigs in previous years, 4 would be a pretty darn good start

Irish Love Songs?

In a sense any song could be a love song
    I love this person, these people, my country, my dog, my car/truck/bike, etc.
    or conversely--I don't love this or that...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Yeah I'm not entirely sold on the lov song idea. We have a several new lists in the pipeline that I'm planning to roll out this year. My goal is 20 set lists by end of year

Well most songs are love songs of some sort

I also put a suggestion of a Memphis set in another thread--lots of history there-and of course I know you do some place based sets--but you could expand that.

Yeah a tribute to Memphis is interesting- might be worth looking into in the second half of the year