Thread: First Reilander 8-String pickup is now live on the website!!

First Reilander 8-String pickup is now live on the website!!

The RH3-8 Meatsauce MS bridge pickup is a high output multiscale Alnico 5 based pickup. It features offset coils to open up the top end and increase the harmonic attributes that are lacking in many higher output pickups. With great string to string articulation, this pickup is capable of crisp cleans and searing leads.

The neck pickup lands more in the hot PAF territory. Like the bridge pickup, it features offset coils to bring the natural harmonics closer to the front. You'll get full, rich, classic tones with just a little extra heat from this pickup. The two together give you an extremely diverse tonal palette.

The Multi-Scale version is skewed 20 degrees to help line the pole-pieces up with the harmonic nodes. Currently only available in black open coil.

Features

Alnico 5 magnet
    4 conductor leads
    Lifetime Warranty on Manufacturing
    Hand Made in Canada

$385 per set

Check them out here! https://reilandercustomguitar.com/shop/rh3-8ms/
    Last edited by Mreilander; 04-29-2016 at 09:16 AM.

That's a good lookin' pickup, Mike. I'm not likely to be a player (since I still haven't mastered 6 strings, lol), but I'd be interested in hearing a demo. Do you have any plans to put up a sound clip of the 8-string?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    That's a good lookin' pickup, Mike. I'm not likely to be a player (since I still haven't mastered 6 strings, lol), but I'd be interested in hearing a demo. Do you have any plans to put up a sound clip of the 8-string?
    Spell--Taylor has made an 8 string guitar before--it was 6 courses--4 single & 2 doubled.
    Although it is a baritone.

And that's not really what this pickup is for.

I have tried 8 string guitars--not really my thing--but it sounds like a cool idea.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Very cool Mike.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Thanks guys
    There is a fast growing niche for 7 and 8 string guitars, but the available parts are quite limited. The availability of parts is even less when you get into the fanned fret or multi-scale arena. For pickups, builders are generally stuck with oversize blade pickups, as the traditional poles won't line up with the strings when you angle the pickup. This skewed pickup configuration is designed to remedy that and would work in a guitar of this style: