Thread: DIY Extension Cab?

DIY Extension Cab?

I picked up a little Fender (Squier) Champ 15 today, and it has an output for an extension cab, which got me to thinking about some old paper-coned 10" speakers (Jenson maybe?) That I have sitting in my attic doing nothing. I also have one of the house speaker enclosures that they came with (which I could cut a second hole for the second speaker), or I also have an encloser for 10" car audio subwoofers in the attic. Which would you use?

Sounds like the subwoofer enclosure is less work because you don't have to cut a hole but will you be able to stand it up properly?

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Sounds like the subwoofer enclosure is less work because you don't have to cut a hole but will you be able to stand it up properly?
    That thing is built like a tank. I'm pretty sure it'll stay up, but it might sound just as good sitting on the floor anyway.

I'd go with the subwoof cab.

Well, I gave it a shot. It worked, but the speakers themselves just sound aweful lol. Guess I'll be buying a small extension cab after all. Has anyone here ever used the KMD 1x12 cab with Celestion? I saw one on Craigslist for $40.