Thread: Transistor Amps

Transistor Amps

The technology in the Ibanez's outstanding Tube Screamer and other high-end pedals led me to want to make a rich-sounding pro-grade transistor amplifier (10W power rating), any thoughts?

here's a good link Ibanez Tube Screamer -a well-written essay (with diagrams & schematics/examples) on the Tube Screamer and Pedals from Ibanez. It says that the pedal they offer are so similar that they could be described with the same schematic from what I read...

Hey give it a shot- nothing to lose!

I had a 1980 TS-808- sold it because I never play with distortion and because I got it off a kid in high school for $15 in 1988 when it wasn't anything special...

I remember seeing circuit boards advertised on ebay, just connect them to power, volume control, input and speaker. As I recall they cost about USA $ 10.
    Video playing acoustic guitar at the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8

kk, well I'll try to keep everyone updated on the progress g2g!

This project doesn't seem to work very well for now. I will have to put in on the shelf for now! quote "the tube screamer seems to work well with tube amps but is not very special on its own". On that note I'm sticking with tubes.