Thread: 3PDT footswitches

3PDT footswitches

I have been wiring up some homemade switch-boxes this week, and bemoaning the fact that a bunch of brand-name foot-switches that I bought for parts all have SPST switches - pretty much useless to me.

So I Googled DPDT switches locally, and found a place across town that sells the switch in the pictures (a 3PDT!), for $9. I was in this area yesterday but didn't look into this til I got home. Was I pxssed! It takes 90 minutes to get home from there, with all the construction, so I wasn't looking forward to going back there. Even so, I was about to drive back today (can't find anyone else locally selling these) and get a few, when I decided to look again on ebay. (I had already looked before, but wasn't using the right search terms.)

I bought a set of ten here, for less than $20, with free shipping:
    10pcs 3PDT 9 Pin Guitar Effects Stomp Switch Pedal Box Foot Metal True Bypass | eBay

It will be a couple of weeks before they arrive, but then I will have a healthy supply. I have always liked squeezing a lot of switches and jacks into as small a box as I can, so these little switches are perfect!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

The other day I was telling my son that they should just put 3PDT switches in everything, in case some nut like me wants to reuse the parts.
    lol
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.