Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project DarkHorse.

FINALLY! !! My bridge has arrived for this! I bought this on eBay from China on one of those make an offer & free shipping. They must have carried it over in a rowboat because I purchased it on December 18th. The communication with the seller was painful. I didn't flip out at them but I got the please wait one more week 3 times. Yesterday I finally said no more I want a full refund. Then they responded by saying it was here & I could go down to the post office & pick it up. Lol. 3 weeks of asking them for more tracking info then just it has left from china & in transit. Then when push came to shove they provided me with the entire route step by step this morning. If they had of gave me info that it had made it into North american alone at least I could be sure it was going to arrive eventually. I actually had another one lined up from the States to order as a plan B when I got refunded. NO MORE DEALING WITH CHINA FOR ME! You guys need to hold me to that. Lol! Its worth paying a bit more then have to jump through those hoops again. Lol. I never got any screws with it so I gave all the screws for the bridge & pickup primer & 4 coats of enamel to keep everything blacked out. I will leave them till tomorrow to avoid chipping them when I install everything. Darkhorse will be up & twanging sometime this week! At Last!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-07_15-14-35_588.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	3479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-07_15-13-46_215.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	3480  
    Last edited by Keletcaster; 02-07-2015 at 06:37 PM.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

I have a few things on order from China. They are all taking longer than orders a few months ago. A friend who buys parts from China a lot says that in January shipping from China takes longer. No idea why.

The free shipping means the cheapest way available to them, and that likely means a big boat carrying giant containers to our continent.

The things I got in late 2014 got here faster than things from the U.S., ordered at the same time. The past month, the opposite has been true.

As for your customer experience, if most orders from China to Canada are late, they must be going through hell at their end, with many customers inquiring about their products. Some of them aren't as nice as you.
    I expect that they didn't dig up the info on your order because it's time that they had to devote to the orders that were 4 weeks late, not 3 weeks late.

My point is that, so long as we understand how it works, and so long as you are not in a hurry to get the item, there is nothing wrong with ordering from China. The savings allow me to buy things that I never would have otherwise considered.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I got this up & running tonight & it was worth the wait. I think this one was the fastest setup yet. The action was great right out of the gate. I raised the middle & treble saddles a bit & it took about 10 minutes to set the intonation. To late to get good photo's now I will get some good ones tomorrow. The Tone Emporium 52 Tele pickup sound's like it should. & the guitar has got the twang thing nailed. I think I am getting addicted to ashtray bridges. The thing twangs unplugged. Lol..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-02-07_20-10-33_224.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	3481  

You are going to give me tele GAS if you keep talking like that.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Here is the finished guitar guys hope you like it.

very cool- great job KC!

Nice! Very Nice!

Late to the party, but I've gotta say congratulations, KC. It's a beauty.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Yes. Agreed.

When I win the lottery, I'm gonna get you to build me a guitar!

It wouldn't take loto money for me to build you a guitar. Your my friend. Put a budget together & it will happen. I don't profit from my friends.