Thread: Custom Peavey AT200 Need some advice please

I'm New!

Custom Peavey AT200 Need some advice please

Hey people!

Long time reader, first time poster!

Coming off the back of a successful custom job on a yamaha pcifica 302s I thought I would take a punt on a peavey AT200 with the autotune board removed to have a go at customizing it.

All electrics are in place except the autotune control board. So this guitar has as standard piezo bridge saddle pickups, and a set of peaveys own buckers installed. I plan to throw away the peavey buckers and install a SD Jazz at the neck and a SD JB at the bridge (classic combination). But what I would like to do is to be able to access the piezo saddles through the midi port? Is there a piezo preamp available to buy that I could connect up to the saddles that allows me to do this? And if there is what would the connectiviy be like, and how much would I need to modify the current setup to acheive this?

Could anyone recommend a cost effective way of using these bridge saddle pickups effectively? I under stand the guitar isn't exactly top spec, but it is all a learning curve and if I truly mess this one up then I will not have lost out too much.

Any help from the knowledge fountain would be useful!

welcome to Axetalk!

Unfortunately this is an are that is way outside my knowledge base...

Hi and welcome to Axetalk.

I had a quick look at some pictures of the Peavey AT200, but I am unfamiliar with this guitar. Where are the pickups/sensors for the midi output?
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Strange

Very strange that you would remove the main "feature" of the guitar and gut it making it worth even less $$$ than a used one.

Ghost Kits

JJ
    Last edited by Jammin'John; 04-08-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    Tele's & Tweeds.Yes sir.

Hi Prawnstar, and welcome to the forum. I've never dabbled in piezo-sty;e saddles, so I can't offer any opinions or advice. One thing I'll say is that in the process of perusing the Stewart-McDonald catalog (which I call "the wishbook") I've noticed that they seem to offer that sort of gear. The name I see tossed around often online that they sell is L.R.Baggs, and it seems to be a brand that commands some respect. While I don't have enough knowledge to comment beyond that, here's a link to the StewMac page. Hope this helps......

Preamps + Cables | stewmac.com
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."