Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 String Chopper

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    .............The seller in Taiwan cancelled the transaction. When will I learn. Grrr.........
    Hopefully this was an eBay transaction so you can leave the seller a coiler on his feedback page.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I here you buddy but its not worth it. I try hard to avoid buying from asia & the last two never made it to me. So I need to remember that next time. I have said that I won't buy from there anymore more then once but sometimes they got what I need. I will try hard again. The good news is that the body for this is so nice that I bought another one so I can start building a different one.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

I picked up some black mother of s pearl inlay from the UK. I spent a couple night installing them I think they look pretty nice.

I love mother of pearl...
    looks good.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I had the day off today so today was a good day to dye. Lol. I did the neck & body at the same time. I put some dye from this batch aside for when the knob arrives. I have used this dye many times & noticed that they also said you could use it with Isopropyl alcohol. I tried that but I couldn't get it to do anything hardly. So I through that batch out & made some more with water. I used amber yellow with just a touch of red to get this vintage looking color. I think it looks pretty nice. I defiantly can't call that neck ugly anymore. I will use Tru Oil on the neck & rub on poly on the body next. I am contemplating doing the sides darker kinda like a burst but I will think on it a while before I do that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6622.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	3654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6624.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	3656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6625.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	3657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6626.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	3658  

I had the day off today so today was a good day to dye. Lol.
    I saw what you did there...

And I saw the pictures of what else you did.

Cool
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Well learning process again. Lol When it dried there was red streaks all over. I used a tiny amount of red it it must not have diluted completely. .I managed to clean up the neck but the body was a mess. So plan B. I'm gonna play with the dye & get a color who knows what its gonna be in the end. I washed it out with hot water & will go at it this afternoon. I have discovered that there is no point in getting all discouraged when this kinda thing happens. Some of my best results on this stuff have been from fixing mistakes. I'll keep you posted.

Hey, if you don't learn from them, you just repeat them...

Well learning process again. Lol When it dried there was red streaks all over. I used a tiny amount of red it it must not have diluted completely. .I managed to clean up the neck but the body was a mess. So plan B. I'm gonna play with the dye & get a color who knows what its gonna be in the end. I washed it out with hot water & will go at it this afternoon. I have discovered that there is no point in getting all discouraged when this kinda thing happens. Some of my best results on this stuff have been from fixing mistakes. I'll keep you posted.
    I am sure that a lot of great art is the result of happy mistakes.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Well this is where the color ended up A nice wine red. It was a pain in the A$$ I had a few issues that were troublesome but found away through. The color fought me & also I had a wicking issue where the finish would sink into the cutaway. I could have coated it a hundred times & it would still look like it had nothing on it. What I did was use some spray Lacquer on it because it sets up fast I just kept dusting it till it sealed the grain. Then I went over it with the wipe on poly. It turned out pretty nice for being all done by hand. This guitar wails! I am very pleased with the results. Its built out of parts out of my parts drawer & I would gig with it anyday. The neck is as good as pretty much any that I have & from what it was that is a huge accomplishment for me. Hope you guys like it . Here it is ready to blow a garage door off! Lol

I'm still waiting for my custom volume knob I will post one more photo when it arrives.