Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 String Chopper

6 String Chopper

Time for me to build another one. I picked up a great Alder body for my Ugly neck project from Tone Bomb a company out of Calgary. The body arrived fresh off the CNC with all the tooling marks. That's just how I want them. I want to do all the contouring & final sanding myself. The quality of the body is excellent. I believe I have finally found my source here in Canada. What I'm going to build is a bare bones rocker. I build most of my guitars with a Swiss Army Knife approach trying to get multiple tones from the instrument. This one is going to be 1 Volume & 1 Seymour Duncan Hot Rail & that's it. I like how the Hot Rail sounds & I have seen the single standard humbucker in a Strat a million times. I haven't seen many with a minimalist single coil size pickup. This one will be just straight crank it up & stand way back. I made a Maple tip for my tremolo & I am having a custom Maple knob being made by Clayton at Archipelago Glass.
    This will be a pretty natural looking guitar. I will dye the body,neck knob & tip all at the same time so it all matches. I am still awaiting some parts. I sanded the body out in a few hours today

Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

I always enjoy watching your projects come together, KC. Will the Hot Rails be mounted in the bridge position?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Should be cool.

I checked out Tone Bomb online, but they didn't have anything listed--I thought I'd see what they had bodywise for an old neck I have that would be cool to try something with one of these days.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

When I was talking to him he said they were just in the process of getting everything up & going & would be going full tilt soon. Yes the hot rail will be in the bridge position Spell. I have a pickguard coming from Warmoth maybe as early as next week .

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    When I was talking to him he said they were just in the process of getting everything up & going & would be going full tilt soon.
    Cool, I'll check back, although for something really different I was thinking of either building some oddball looking thing myself or finding an old semi hollow or thinline full hollow body that would take a bolt on neck & modding that.
    But if they have some cool options, that might be better.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

great project KC- good luck!

This week I sanded & contoured the body. Also my Parchment pickguard & my Graphtech Tusq saddles have arrived. I love the part when my vision of what I want starts to become a reality. That's why I do this.

Looking really tasteful, KC.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Colour-wise it's matching up well.

Well I have some more waiting to go seeing as my inlays didn't show up. The seller in Taiwan cancelled the transaction. When will I learn. Grrr. I ordered some from the UK this time. So the waiting game continues.