Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fender Parts!

Fender Parts!

Hi guys,

It's been a while, and my dream guitar is still a dream guitar. but I'm hoping I can change that by next year!

Anyone can help me in knowing how much Fender parts are? I'm thinking of just getting Fender factory parts instead of getting All Parts, or Warmoth or any other third party makers. Fender doesn't list prices on their website, so I dont have an idea.

Im interested in Telecaster necks, with rosewood fretboards, like these

Telecaster« Neck - 22 Frets - Rosewood Fingerboard | Replacement Necks Guitar & Bass Parts | Fender┬«

Telecaster« Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard | Replacement Necks Guitar & Bass Parts | Fender┬«

For the bodies,

Im not sure what route Im going. I want a double bound sunburst body, but unsure where I will be to get the cheapest.

Hi, IAITB. Nice to see you drop in. I can't enlighten you on Fender's direct sale prices, but I'd suggest it's worth looking at the stuff that Stratosphere sells on eBay. Most of what they sell is new Fender guitars being parted out, and my experience dealing with them has been good.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Hi spell!

Good to be back! just been very busy and all!

Anyway, yeah, Stratosphere, I follow him and been looking at his items for the past few years. Sadly, I dont have the patience to wait out on bids and all, but since I really want to make my dream guitar happen, I might wait it out and see what I can buy for the least amount of money. :-)

In my opinion if its a Fender you want buy the whole guitar. There parts are priced so high that you will pay double by the time you are done. My Warmoth necks are the best necks I own & I have had several USA Fenders.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Thanks for the input! I've been looking at WArmoth, Musikraft and USACG parts, I'm also watching a few necks on ebay.

But the reason I want to source out Fender parts is because of compatibility of parts. All I want is a 62' double bound sunburst telecustom with a fat neck and medium jumbos. I know I can get there with a Squier CVC, I would buy it if I can find it here in the P.I. But they're so rare and if I find one, it's usually sold by the time I get the money.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Thanks for the input! I've been looking at WArmoth, Musikraft and USACG parts, I'm also watching a few necks on ebay.

But the reason I want to source out Fender parts is because of compatibility of parts. All I want is a 62' double bound sunburst telecustom with a fat neck and medium jumbos. I know I can get there with a Squier CVC, I would buy it if I can find it here in the P.I. But they're so rare and if I find one, it's usually sold by the time I get the money.
    I've always heard good things online about Warmoth--and they do Fender well, it seems.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

When you build there is always some fitting involved. Weather there all fender parts or not. Tolerances vary on both sides of the scale CNC or not. Buying a body & neck from the same source will defiantly narrow the field. If you were to use a squire body & a Fender neck it would be no different then using any of those other's you have mentioned. Fitting will be involved to line it up properly. Most of the time I plug the factory holes in necks & re-drill them to match the body perfectly. The last thing you want is the screw holes to almost line up. That will result in the screws going in on an angle That will make your dream guitar look really poor quality. I never trust screw holes to line up weather they are on a neck or pickguard.I have had only a very few instances where they did out of more builds then I can give a count for anymore, I don't want to discourage you because building is great. I just want you to know what you are getting yourself into. They don't just fall together.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    When you build there is always some fitting involved. Weather there all fender parts or not. Tolerances vary on both sides of the scale CNC or not. Buying a body & neck from the same source will defiantly narrow the field. If you were to use a squire body & a Fender neck it would be no different then using any of those other's you have mentioned. Fitting will be involved to line it up properly. Most of the time I plug the factory holes in necks & re-drill them to match the body perfectly. The last thing you want is the screw holes to almost line up. That will result in the screws going in on an angle That will make your dream guitar look really poor quality. I never trust screw holes to line up weather they are on a neck or pickguard.I have had only a very few instances where they did out of more builds then I can give a count for anymore, I don't want to discourage you because building is great. I just want you to know what you are getting yourself into. They don't just fall together.
    Hey bro! nothing to be discouraged about! I know what I'm getting into. That's also why I want to buy a Fender neck, and go with an aftermarket body that has no screw holes for the neck.. or vice versa. Musikraft offers finished necks without screwholes. I've found a good luthier here who can line them up perfectly and also builds quality guitars

Excellent! I did a guitar recently that was assembled with the screws not lining up with the holes correctly which through the whole thing off almost right from the start. The old a crooked foundation makes a crooked house thing. Lol. I fixed that neck problem &everything fell into place. I also got one that when the guy lined up the pickguard holes on this Tele it overhung into the neck pocket so he made the neck fit to far forward. He was saying I can't get this thing to intonate .hmmm I wonder why. Lol. I meant no disrespect partner just trying to give you some helpful advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    Excellent! I did a guitar recently that was assembled with the screws not lining up with the holes correctly which through the whole thing off almost right from the start. The old a crooked foundation makes a crooked house thing. Lol. I fixed that neck problem &everything fell into place. I also got one that when the guy lined up the pickguard holes on this Tele it overhung into the neck pocket so he made the neck fit to far forward. He was saying I can't get this thing to intonate .hmmm I wonder why. Lol. I meant no disrespect partner just trying to give you some helpful advice.
    All is taken well! I know its not going to be easy. if it was, Id just buy a CS 62 Tele.. I can save up for an AV62 or a Japan made 62, but I dont like vintage frets, maybe I can live with it.. thats easy. or get a Squier CVC. but its my dream guitar and I want it to be special.