Thread: Lee Valley Spring 2016 catalogue

Lee Valley Spring 2016 catalogue

I got my Lee Valley Spring 2016 catalogue in the mail today, and was happy to see a bunch of pretty (non-branded) guitars on the cover:

The guitars have been built by a group of students at a vocational high school in Kingston, Ontario.
    Students' guitars grace magazine cover | The Kingston Whig-Standard

You can look at the catalogue here, although I find this thing almost impossible to manipulate.
    I'm glad I have a paper copy of the catalogue. I would give up after trying to zoom in on one or two pages.
    Maybe it will work better on other members' computers:
    Students' guitars grace magazine cover | The Kingston Whig-Standard

But my point here is - How cool is it for a young person to be able to go to high school and learn how to make guitars at this level of proficiency?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cover photo.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	3712  
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Very cool--I saw this on another site--and wish they'd had this when I was in school.
    I did actually think about taking a wood working course to see if I could make one--but it wouldn't have worked out for a variety of reasons--including no guitar making ability among teachers.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Oops - I screwed up the links in the original post, and it's too late to edit.

Here is the correct link for the online (non PDF) catalogue:
    Lee Valley Tools - Online Catalog

And here is a screen-grab of the catalogue. The pic I used above isn't very good, but it's the only thing on the net right now.
    Hopefully you can get an idea what quality these guitars appear to be - made in high school!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lee valley.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	3713  
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I learned my stuff in high school as well. I was lucky enough to have Mike Kinal of Kinal Guitars as a woodworking teacher. Build my first solid body electric in grade 9 woodworking

Quote Originally Posted by Mreilander View Post
    I learned my stuff in high school as well. I was lucky enough to have Mike Kinal of Kinal Guitars as a woodworking teacher. Build my first solid body electric in grade 9 woodworking
    Lucky indeed!

I built an amp in electronics class.