Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Latest Project

Today I pretty much finished this one. I am going to make a clear pickguard & in a few days after being under tension I will do a final tweak on the truss rod. If it needs it but right now the action is killer & not a buzz to be heard. The neck is beautiful to play. Everyone I have done has been a little better then the last & this one I could ask no more of any at any price. Changing the radius from the metal axe 14 to a classic 9.5 has made it feel like a 70's Tele with a slim neck. Super slick & fast. No issues with the strings wanting to hop off the nut on he 2 E's. Spell & I discussed that earlier but the strings lay nice & solid. The Graphtech nut I choose was the perfect fit & radius. I had to do pretty much nothing to it other then trim the side's a bit & slightly sand it to fit in the groove. I didn't even have to glue it because it fit so snug. The Slash Duncan bridge pickup sound great & the Reilander Muckbucker I got Mike to make for it was the perfect compliment for it.That one sounds nice & quite light for a humbucker for sure. I waited a month for my Graphtech saddles to arrive & when they did they sent me the wrong one's for a USA model not an import. I will take them back & stick with the steel one's for now. This guitar will get a lot of play because it plays & sounds so good. Thanks all for your interest.

Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Beautiful job!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

A nice execution of the job, KC, and nobody will ever accuse you of cookie-cutter builds. Every project you do seems to have a unique identity. I particularly like the body finish you did on this one.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Thanks guys & Spell for a guy that isn't fond of natural finishes to say that means I must be doing something right. I love playing it. The neck is actually so effortless to play I'm thinking of changing the strings to 11s.

It certainly has it's own groove to it.

Cool guitar.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Very cool guitar!

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with it.

This is the last detail. Today I made the pickguard. I go o finally use a little Brass letter B that I have been holding for the right place on one of my projects. It looks like I found it.

Cool......
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.