Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: New project

  1. #11
    Super Moderator die Bullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Age
    48
    Posts
    24,645
    The people next door must love the noise from the power tools!

  2. #12
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    25,550
    Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    The people next door must love the noise from the power tools!
    My next door neighbor is using a saw of some sort today--not a lot--just a few seconds every now & then...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  3. #13
    Super Moderator die Bullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Age
    48
    Posts
    24,645
    Maybe not so bad then, but MIke has a business...

  4. #14
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    25,550
    Yeah--I have no idea what they're doing--it wasn't a lot of cutting...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  5. #15
    Axetastic doublewah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,241
    Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Yeah--I have no idea what they're doing--it wasn't a lot of cutting...
    Annoying you.
    That's what they are doing.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

  6. #16
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    25,550
    Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Annoying you.
    That's what they are doing.
    It wasn't too bad it was just a few seconds once or twice an hour...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  7. #17
    Axellent Member Mreilander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    483
    I'm safe
    My one neighbor plays and is interested, and my other neighbor is a tool nut, so he's interested. As long as I'm not making noise at ungodly hours, I'm ok.

    My tools are all fairly quiet as well. The loudest is the router with it's banshee scream when it hits the wood. The rest just have a drone to them at a much lower frequency.

  8. #18
    Axe-honerated spellcaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duncan, British Columbia, Canada
    Age
    67
    Posts
    11,772
    Neighbors are always a consideration when you run a home based business. I went through this for ten years when I owned and operated a car stereo business. I was lucky, in that my neighbors were pretty easy-going about the disturbances of traffic coming and going and the noise of tools. Probably not as much of an issue for Mike (I'm assuming pickup winders don't make much racket) but it's still something to consider when you have to live close to people over a period of time. Most times, if you treat people well, they'll do the same for you.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

  9. #19
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    25,550
    Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Neighbors are always a consideration when you run a home based business. I went through this for ten years when I owned and operated a car stereo business. I was lucky, in that my neighbors were pretty easy-going about the disturbances of traffic coming and going and the noise of tools. Probably not as much of an issue for Mike (I'm assuming pickup winders don't make much racket) but it's still something to consider when you have to live close to people over a period of time. Most times, if you treat people well, they'll do the same for you.
    Often times it the traffic/parking is the biggest issue with neighbours & home based businesses--but as I have never had one--well--take that with whatever size grain of salt you want
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  10. #20
    Axetastic itsallintheblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,580
    I love tele builds! Keep this thread going! I wish I have a neighbor like you. Id be in your place pretty much everyday and see how it's built.

    one of my dream tele's is a all rosewood tele. It would be a bonus if I can build it myself! I dont care if its heavy! LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •