Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New project

The people next door must love the noise from the power tools!

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    The people next door must love the noise from the power tools!
    My next door neighbor is using a saw of some sort today--not a lot--just a few seconds every now & then...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Maybe not so bad then, but MIke has a business...

Yeah--I have no idea what they're doing--it wasn't a lot of cutting...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Yeah--I have no idea what they're doing--it wasn't a lot of cutting...
    Annoying you.
    That's what they are doing.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Annoying you.
    That's what they are doing.
    It wasn't too bad it was just a few seconds once or twice an hour...

I'm safe
    My one neighbor plays and is interested, and my other neighbor is a tool nut, so he's interested. As long as I'm not making noise at ungodly hours, I'm ok.

My tools are all fairly quiet as well. The loudest is the router with it's banshee scream when it hits the wood. The rest just have a drone to them at a much lower frequency.

Neighbors are always a consideration when you run a home based business. I went through this for ten years when I owned and operated a car stereo business. I was lucky, in that my neighbors were pretty easy-going about the disturbances of traffic coming and going and the noise of tools. Probably not as much of an issue for Mike (I'm assuming pickup winders don't make much racket) but it's still something to consider when you have to live close to people over a period of time. Most times, if you treat people well, they'll do the same for you.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Neighbors are always a consideration when you run a home based business. I went through this for ten years when I owned and operated a car stereo business. I was lucky, in that my neighbors were pretty easy-going about the disturbances of traffic coming and going and the noise of tools. Probably not as much of an issue for Mike (I'm assuming pickup winders don't make much racket) but it's still something to consider when you have to live close to people over a period of time. Most times, if you treat people well, they'll do the same for you.
    Often times it the traffic/parking is the biggest issue with neighbours & home based businesses--but as I have never had one--well--take that with whatever size grain of salt you want

I love tele builds! Keep this thread going! I wish I have a neighbor like you. Id be in your place pretty much everyday and see how it's built.

one of my dream tele's is a all rosewood tele. It would be a bonus if I can build it myself! I dont care if its heavy! LOL