Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New project

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Neighbors are always a consideration when you run a home based business. I went through this for ten years when I owned and operated a car stereo business. I was lucky, in that my neighbors were pretty easy-going about the disturbances of traffic coming and going and the noise of tools. Probably not as much of an issue for Mike (I'm assuming pickup winders don't make much racket) but it's still something to consider when you have to live close to people over a period of time. Most times, if you treat people well, they'll do the same for you.
    Yeah it all depends on what kind of person you have next door!

Traffic's not an issue for me as I have very few customers come to my door. 99% of what I do is shipped, and the winding side is very quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mreilander View Post
    Traffic's not an issue for me as I have very few customers come to my door. 99% of what I do is shipped, and the winding side is very quiet.
    I think you found the happy side of the street as far as home-based business goes. When I was doing car audio from my shop at home, I'd get calls from 7:00 AM to 11:00PM seven days a week....not to mention people knocking on my door anytime, any day, including Christmas.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."