Thread: Parts drawer Esquire.

Parts drawer Esquire.

I'm starting a new thread on this project because it's now become a build. I picked up a WD Tele neck with a Rosewood board off eBay for this project & just ordered an Esquire body from tonebomb this week. This will have a single Seymour Duncan hotrail with a volume a tone & a spin o spit for the coil splitting. I've used some parts that I just had laying around for this. Just put a little time into them like the three knobs off a couple Squire basses I did up. Spinning them against sandpaper on a 3/8 drill gave them the look I am after.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170318_200737808.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	3906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_3.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	3907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_1.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	3908  
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    I'm starting a new thread on this project because it's now become a build. I picked up a WD Tele neck with a Rosewood board off eBay for this project & just ordered an Esquire body from tonebomb this week. This will have a single Seymour Duncan hotrail with a volume a tone & a spin o spit for the coil splitting. I've used some parts that I just had laying around for this. Just put a little time into them like the three knobs off a couple Squire basses I did up. Spinning them against sandpaper on a 3/8 drill gave them the look I am after.
    So spin o spit or split?
    Is that a blendpot type thing for how split the coil is?
    Or something else?
    It's a new one on me.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Basically the spin o split is a pot used instead of a switch so you can control the amount of the second coil you want to use. Very useful.

Basically the spin o split is a pot used instead of a switch so you can control the amount of the second coil you want to use. Very useful.
    So a blend pot as I mentioned then, cool.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

cool idea!

I've had good results using a Fender no-load pot for spin-o-split applications. One of the early things I learned about spin-o-split is that even when the pot is fully clockwise, there's still some leakage. This means that there is still a minute amount of signal leakage to ground. Using a no-load pot takes the pot right out of the circuit and gives you back your full humbucker capabilities. I tried this on my Bigsby Stratocaster and found it works great.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

That's a good tip Spell. I was wondering about that. I will do that for sure.