Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hohner HS35 owners

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Feedback is a delicate balance but I have never gotten feedback on a gig- I am very careful and my amp is always behind me. Once the levels on the amp are set I only tweak with the guitar's master volume
    Well you also don't use distortion/overdrive/fuzz--that will propel you into feedback territory in no time with a hollowbody.
    There are ways to work around that--but solidbodies have a much higher threshold than hollow.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Well you also don't use distortion/overdrive/fuzz--that will propel you into feedback territory in no time with a hollowbody.
    Well not as much as one would think- I can get my hollowbody pretty darn loud without feedback. I'm not sure if it has a tone post- I never checked that.

Ok--but I was referring to using a distortion/overdrive/fuzz pedal with a hollowbody--that won't take much to push it into feedback territory.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Ok--but I was referring to using a distortion/overdrive/fuzz pedal with a hollowbody--that won't take much to push it into feedback territory.
    Yes, gain and hollowbodies is a very delicate balance

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Yes, gain and hollowbodies is a very delicate balance
    Very--unless you are using headphones or going through a DI, then you have more room.