Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My pedal board

My pedal board

I don't use many pedals and wanted something fairly compact. I used the case for a vintage portable typewriter which has a sliding hinge/removable top. I built the two stage pedastal from rangerboard, covered it in black backless carpeting, and mounted, on the right hand side, two electrosockets for signal in/ signal out, a 2.5 mm coaxial power jack for my OneSpot, and an illuminated on/off rocker switch. The pedals are BOSS '59 Bassman, BOSS '65 Deluxe Reverb, BOSS DD-3 Delay, BOSS DS-1 Distortion, and Daphon SuperChorus. At the end of the signal chain, in parallel with the board output, there's a DOD 285 Direct Box with cabinet emulation.

"I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Looks good. I like it.
    Video playing acoustic guitar at the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8

I love the case!

I'm kicking around the idea of a second board just so I have a way to orgainize all the unused or rarely used pedals. I have a Danlectro Slap Echo, Octave, and Tuner, a Daohon Overdrive, and a vintage Big Muff that don't see much use but it would be nice to have all the stuff hardwired so I could just plug in a patchcord and a OneSpot and be done. I wouldn't do anything elaborate....just a flat panel covered in carpet or fabric (tweed maybe?) with enough skirting around it that I'd have room on the underside for all the power wire and patchcord runs, and maybe a set of rack handles on the ends to move it around. Probably a backburner project for the winter. I really like the board that araT built and shows in his thread.

Spellcaster, I really think what you've got there is awesome looking. Tweed look, probably tough as nails- you've even got the metal corners

Man, that looks great! I wish I can find something like that in garage sales, junk stores!

I'm sure you could- old typewriters with cases are virtually worthless

I need to start hanging around junk stores now.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

LOL, When I bought the case, I told the guy in the second hand store I'd buy it provided he'd keep the typewriter. Heavy! With the typewriter inside, it was like packing around a Princeton Reverb!

you HAVE to put a cool chrome logo on that case if you don't have one already- like the script logos they used on the '57 Chevy Bel Airs