Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show us your pedalboard.

Show us your pedalboard.

Show us YOUR pedalboard. Or pedalboards. For gigs, at home, etc.
    Include your amp and a guitar or two if you'd like, or even upload a family photo, and tell us all about everything!

Pictures of your friends pedalboards are welcome too, as long as you don't try to pass them off as your own and other stuff like that. You know, no bad stuff.

If it changes dramatically, post another photo!

Here is mine, which has already changed since the photo was taken on Monday. (4th feb)
    Chain is in my signature
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Views:	380 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	1552  
    Last edited by One careful owner; 02-08-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Forgot the damn picture
    James.

I only own two pedals at the moment lol. I've had many, but sold a bunch when I needed money. Need to rebuild the collection. I have a 1st gen DOD Grunge FX69 and a stock Dunlop CryBaby.

You have some nice looking stuff there. How many are byoc?

I don't know what byoc is, so none of them.

The Pumpkin Pi is a sort of modified replica of the 1978 op amp style big muff. It is hand built by a guy called Matt - stompunderfoot.com. Being a bit of a Siamese dream fan I went for this one over the triangle/civil war styles. There's a black box Russian muff in my cabinet.
    The Tangerine squeeze is an orange squeezer clone - Needless to say I'm also a bit of a Dire straits fan. This is hand built by a guy that calls himself "Doc" at the end of emails... Pedaldoctorfx
    The Noah's Ark "Green [character]" overdrive pictured (no longer on the board) is or was hand built in Japan. It is a ts808 clone made with germanium transistors. Quirky but a pretty cool pedal.
    The blank aluminium pedal sounds ridiculously close to my TS9 reissue, but it's just a bit more natural and organic sounding. That is the JD screamer, and it is hand built here in New Zealand!
    The thing with the flower on it is a very basic A/B box my drummer put together for me in electronics. My mrs at the time drew on it in maths with tippex. Effectively also hand made here in NZ.

I got myself an EHX switchblade + today so I can patch both the AC15's channels together, so an updated picture should be in order shortly. . . . .

Planning on true bypassing the Crybaby? Apparently the buffers on them are pretty awful (says everyone else on the internet).
    Last edited by One careful owner; 02-11-2012 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Saturday night spelling
    James.

Byoc means build your own clone. I'd be very interested in hearing your setup. Seems you've got some nice stuff there on the board. Also, would you happen to know how one true-bypasses a crybaby? It can be a tad harsh, so I usually leave it unhooked unless I plan to use it.

Gotcha. None of those because I can't do colour or electronics.
    Just having the switchblade+ gives me 3 sounds already, then add the footswitch that you (annoyingly) have to buy separately from the amp, that's another two sounds on top of it. The amp's reverb and trem are both tube driven.
    I don't reeeeeally need the JD, and I could live with one of the delays, but I just like having the options on the board. Can't fit a DS1 so I figure it must be full for now.

As for the crybaby, you can [presumably] buy kits to diy it online. There are a couple of local blokes near me who do it for $60NZD or so, and sometimes they'll even add an LED so you know what it's doing. If you can find someone who builds and repairs pedals, you should be on the proverbial money.
    James.

Revised edition

Here we are, mission control as @ 11/2/12~

Orange squeeze clone
    JD screamer (blank aluminium box)
    TS9 Reissue
    Pumpkin Pi (orange)
    Small clone
    Tuner (mute)
    DD20
    Memory toy
    Switchblade+

All into an AC15. Big 2-switch box is the AC15's reverb/trem on/off. Shame about the size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foto 3.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	1555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foto 1.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	1556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foto 2.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	1557  
    James.

OK, I'll play. Here's my current performing board:

Signal chain:
    Guitar > Boss TU-3 tuner > Cry Baby wah > Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde OD/distortion > Visual Sound H2O chorus/echo > Danelectro Cool Cats trem > BBE Sonic Stomp > amp

They're mounted on a piece of pegboard sized to fit into my gear case. Pedals are held in place using Velcro and zip ties (for which the holes in the pegboard come in very handy). The whole shebang is powered by a Visual Sound 1-Spot.
    I crawl like a viper through these suburban streets.

They're not on a board yet--although I've had time for that.

Now that my LP copy is pretty much done, I'll have to look into making a board.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Good to see the thread's getting somewhere. Link us to that LP clone.
    James.

Quote Originally Posted by One careful owner View Post
    Good to see the thread's getting somewhere. Link us to that LP clone.
    I started a thread for it.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.