Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some new pedals

Within a few days of getting the Angry Charlie and the Deluxe Crunch, someone offered to trade a pedal for a rackmount guitar thing I had on kijiji. The Zvex Distortron. This pedal is a great match for my Angry Charlie. It is very similar in tone, and it has about the same amount of gain, if I want it. But whereas the Angry Charlie compresses like an overdriven Marshall, the Distortron has a much wider dynamic range.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I got this pedal on ebay. It allows me to quickly switch between any two combinations of pedals. I currently have it set to switch between the Rowin chorus running into the Distortron, and the Angry Charlie. As I mentioned, the Distortron and Angry Charlie sound very similar, yet they feel and respond differently. So this switch is a great way to change my feel without changing the sound.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

When I put gear on kijiji, I usually add a line about wanting to trade for pedals. It has worked out pretty well so far.

The Mooer Pitch Box is another pedal I got in a trade. I can get a lot of sounds out of this pedal. If I set pitchshift or harmonize up an octave, I can get synth or flute like sounds. If I set harmonize up or down a third, I can have fun with diminished licks. If I set pitchshift down a 3rd or 5th (and change the notes I play accordingly), I can get a pretty good baritone guitar sound. The detune settings give me n alternate chorus-like sound, or I can kick it on to thicken a guitar solo.

I love small pedals. I have a couple small wash, the AMT Japanese Girl, and the Hotone Soul Press, which is a wah/volume/expression pedal. The Soul Press is in my B9 pedal board as a volume. Hotone recently brought out another small wah, and since I preferred the action and sound of the Soul Press to the AMT mini wah, I bought one. It is called the Vow Press, and it gives you a choice between wah/ volume and switching between wah and volume with the foot-switch. This is how I am using it in my main board, although I have to be careful not to step on it when I am not wanting volume changes. It is vey transparent as a volume. Interestingly, the Soul Press seems to act as though it's pot is linear, while the Vow Press is more like regular wash - that is, it behaves as thought the pot is audio taper.

wow you are on a shopping spree!

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    wow you are on a shopping spree!
    Yes, I suppose so. This thread represents the past year's shopping though. I just haven't kept you guys updated.

Cool.
    If we had a like Button, it would be all over this thread.
    Lots of cool pedals--and nothing that I own--although I have a CHorus pedal & more than one distortion.

The one that interests me the most is the Mooer Pitch Box--I never see those around here.
    I would like to get some sort of Pitch/Octave pedal & a Reverb pedal--and then I'm pretty much set for pedals (Unless I get a couple of duplicates--or near duplicates) to make as separate bass pedal board--as for bass, when I use pedals, I normally would only use a chorus & a volume pedal.
    Then I would want a pedal board or two.

Looks cool though--enjoy!
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.