Thread: AmpKit from Peavey/Agile

AmpKit from Peavey/Agile

I just picked one of these up on New Year's Eve on the way home from work.
    (Ampkit, that is. Also here.[/URL])

The iRig is similar, an they both work with a number of apps.
    I've tried out iRig & Ampkit apps--both have their strengths, and if you have the memory available on your iphone or ipod--why not try both--they both have free apps.
    Both record single tracks, with the iRig having a 9.99 option of adding multitrack and mixing beyond volume.
    I'd say this is more for fun, practice and demos. (That is self demos for you or a band, not necessarily demos beyond that.)

I've had a couple of riffs kicking around I got to jam with--trying out bass lines, second guitar parts (with slide) and some lead stuff too.
    So lots of fun. I also tried out the free PocketAmp & iShred apps. You can't record, and have fewer options, but the PocketAmp is easy for jamming with songs on your iPod.

I've also tested GigBabyFree & Record apps (Both free) they are 4 track recording apps, and are fairly similar, but I prefer GigBaby.
    I was able to combine the different parts of the riffs above and have fun with that, and it will help me develop the riffs into actual songs.

The cable also works with Boss's Pedal Sketch app, which allows you to record short snippets with different pedals to test them out--see if they fit your playing.
    I still prefer to try them in person, but not everybody has that option.

And lastly, the tuners--these work with other connectors as well, but they didn't work with one I had, so I finally got to try the iStrobosoft and Polytune apps.
    I haven't used a strobo tuner in years, and it always takes me some time to get used to it--it's very sensitive. But I like it.
    PolyTune will take longer to get used to, but kind of cool--the pedal would probably be more useful.
    The tuner on the free Gibson app, however--didn't work too well. But with built in tuners on some of the other apps above, and the iStrobo and Polytune tuners--that's okay.

So if you want it for fun, practice and/or demos, go for it--I found mine for just over $30.
    It does take 2 AAA batteries, but I have some rechargeables at home, so I should be okay.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I'm not clear about what Ampkit is. Can you plug a guitar into it and hear yourself play in real time using headphones?
    Video playing acoustic guitar at the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8

Quote Originally Posted by YeahDoIt View Post
    I'm not clear about what Ampkit is. Can you plug a guitar into it and hear yourself play in real time using headphones?
    Check the links.

Ampkit is a cable to hook up a guitar to an iPod, and you can use it it several apps--to play through headphones with different sounds & settings, record, or play along to songs on your iPod, or tune, etc.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.