Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Guitar Day! Roadworn 60's Partscaster Strat!

Glad you found something you like, IAITB.

Keep on quackin'.......
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Cool guitar! That sure looks like a Mexican body to me
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Glad you found something you like, IAITB.

Keep on quackin'.......
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    Cool guitar! That sure looks like a Mexican body to me
    Yup it is, and I'm glad it is. At least its all Fender parts, I feel like I would've done the same thing, and probably chose the same colors and everything. Im just dying to know what body it is and hopefully what year. Knowing what it is might help with with pickup decisions later on, or just for info. I'm still waiting for Fender's email regarding what model it is.

So Fender replied and it's a legit Fender Standard (Mim) Stratocaster body from 2007. I'm okay with that. They started using Alder wood in 2000. so, this is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    So Fender replied and it's a legit Fender Standard (Mim) Stratocaster body from 2007. I'm okay with that. They started using Alder wood in 2000. so, this is good news.
    Cool--I hear some people complain that MIM bodies use too many pieces of wood--but others love them--and I've played some nice MIMs
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Its been a few weeks of non-stop tweaking, and finally got it settled for now. Ive found a few high frets and buzzing on a few locations, but it's not that audible plugged in. Im okay to live with it for now, since i'm planning to take all my guitars to a guitar tech for a pro setup soon.

Got the pickups dialed in. Though, my only basis or reference for 60's tone is Hendrix and SRV, but I dont like chasing that tone, I want something cleaner, or true to the 60's tone. Do you guys have any suggestions?

My Baja took a year of non stop pick up tweaking to get what i want, suprisingly, on my thinline, its just a few weeks. On a Strat? Im at a loss, too many pickups! Lol

Im pretty much doing the intro of the song called Who Did You Think I Was by John Mayer going through all the pickup selections.

Well seems cool
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

one thing ive noticed is that the neck width seem narrow. I have so much real estate on my tele neck, on this neck it seems like everything is bunched together. eye-balling the nut, they're pretty much the same. so the feel is definitely different.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    one thing ive noticed is that the neck width seem narrow. I have so much real estate on my tele neck, on this neck it seems like everything is bunched together. eye-balling the nut, they're pretty much the same. so the feel is definitely different.
    While there are feels I am not a fan of--and some I woudl never buy, I like having a different feel to different guitars--it make me play differently.

Is the body relic'd or is that actual wear? Looks great.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!