Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guitar Day! Roadworn 60's Partscaster Strat!

New Guitar Day! Roadworn 60's Partscaster Strat!

So, I'm back in Quack city! I was looking for a Squier CVC, to pop out of somewhere. I'm a telecaster junkie but when I saw this, I kind of jumped on it right away. the dark side has won this time.

The Neck is a Roadworn 60's neck. Im not a fan of relics but this neck feels great! slick and fast.

I have sent an email to Fender regarding the identification of the body and what model it is. It's legit Fender, and I know its from Mexico, but I dont know what it is exactly.

Pickups are either TexMex or Classic Series. really nice, it has punch and glassy cleans. I love it! I hope I get to bond with this. I sold my deluxe roadhouse Stratocaster because I couldnt bond with it, but hopefully this one stays!

congrats- hope this one works out for you

Cool--it sounds like a keeper--enjoy!
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Nice guitar, Blues. Enjoy!

Um, what is Quack city?
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    congrats- hope this one works out for you
    Thanks dB!

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Cool--it sounds like a keeper--enjoy!
    Thank you! It sounds great as well! I did an initial test with the strings it came with, 9's. it was pure spaghetti but it sounded big and nice. I already changed it to 11's

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Nice guitar, Blues. Enjoy!

Um, what is Quack city?
    Thanks doublewah!

well, they say that telecaster twangs and stratocaster quacks. using 2 and 4 positions. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Thanks doublewah!

well, they say that telecaster twangs and stratocaster quacks. using 2 and 4 positions. LOL
    Okay.
    I Googled "Quack City" and got some strange stuff.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Okay.
    I Googled "Quack City" and got some strange stuff.
    Sorry about that. Hahaha.

Anyway, Checked the innards of the body. Strat-talk peeps said it has alnico pickups. could be texmex or classic series, I dont really know for sure either. Seller was second owner, I think he doesnt have any clue what he has. He was selling it for the price of a Mim Std.

Here's the body. I'm not sure what model this is. It's definitely routed like the MIM Std. but MIM Std doesnt come in Olympic White color. An actic white body wouldnt yellow like this. Can it? Strat-talk peeps say it might be a Jimmy Vaughan sig body, its the only model that has routes like this and comes in olympic white, Classic Series strats are out of the question since the pickup routes are different. Until Fender gets back to me with info, I'm sticking with a MiM Standard strat body.

this came in with 9's. I hate it, so I set it up with 11's. took the neck off, inspected it, and no shims. Thats good news. Love this neck to bits. Adjusted the truss rod to accommodate 11's. Straight as an arrow.
    If I ever get a new strat, Id definitely get a roadworn 60's. I love the 6105 and 7.25 radius combo. and I'm already thinking about getting 7.25 radius neck and 6105 frets for my tele!

Intonated and fixed the saddles. Its now set up like all my other guitars. I'm thinking of tweaking this more. playing it everyday makes me think that my action on all my guitars are on the high side. might probably re-setup everything to make it a weeee bit lower.

Axellent Member
    Looks fantastic