Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21 Serious Gifts for Guitar Players They値l Actually Love (Or will they?)

21 Serious Gifts for Guitar Players They値l Actually Love (Or will they?)

21 Serious Gifts for Guitar Players They値l Actually Love

Found this list online and thought I'd look through it.
    & share it to see what you all thought as well.

Personally I'd prefer a giftcard so I can get brand/model/etc that I prefer.

But if you can find that out--then some of these woudl be cool too.

Share your thoughts & I will be giving fuller comments later on.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

The capo with the built-in tuner is a neat idea. In my experience, most of the time when a capo's on the neck, some tinkering with tuning is in order anyway. I'm a bit skeptical about the accuracy of cheap electronic tuners, but it's probably better than no tuner at all.

The combination guitar stand/stool strikes me as a good idea.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I'll leave this site open the next time my wife wants to use my desktop after me.

hahaha

I thought I might comment on each one--which will include the capo/tuner & stand/stool spell mentioned form the article.
    In each case though--I would still be thankful to the giver...

1-Guitar Cleaning Tool --good idea--but I like the String Cleaner better--it also gets the sides of the strings & then an extra brush is good to have--so already have, so no thanks.
    2-Guitar Wall Hanger--no thanks--it's useless for me--I don't have a good place for one--and prefer stands or cases. I know some people love them, and that's okay--just not my thing.
    3-Clip-on Guitar Tuner --cool idea--and I own 4--so as a gift--I'd be thankful & all--but I don't really need another one--at least at this time.
    4-Personalized Guitar Picks --this could be real cool--but hopefully it would a giftcard/certificate for them--or you found out my pick preferences--But then I wouldn't use all of them-so a mix of gauges would be cool.
    5-Set of Guitar Strings -Hopefully you found out what type & gauge I like
    6-Guitar to iPhone Adapter -cool things--I have one (Different type than the article though)--I used it a lot at first--hardly use it anymore, but could still be useful
    7-iTunes Gift Card--can be cool--or as an alternative mentioned int he article--a guitar store giftcard

8-14 in part 2
    15-21 in part 3
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    ...8-14 in part 2
    15-21 in part 3
    Oh - he hit us with the cliff-hanger!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Oh - he hit us with the cliff-hanger!
    Well why not--shorter reads that way.

E-bows are still a thing?
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by etechstan View Post
    E-bows are still a thing?
    Yes--Not my thing--but yes a thing.

#8-14:
    8-Awesome Capo/Tuner Combo--well I don't use capos--so not much use to me--but it is a cool idea--especially as spell mentioned above
    9-Guitar Apparel--sure as long as it fits, and style wise suits me. I do have some guitar related t-shirts & a hockey jersey as well.
    10-Acoustic Guitar Sound Enhancement--I know people who love these who don't. I'm not sure how much use I'd have for one though.
    11-iPad Music Stand Adapter --sure, IF I had an iPad.
    12-Premium Guitar Care Kit--I already have plenty of my own--but still a thoughtful gift if the recipient doesn't have any of this, is running out--or asks for it.
    13-Guitar Stand and Stool --YES--I would love one of these--I tried one in a store & loved it. Then they seemed to disappear.
    14-Power for the Pedal Board--I do have a 1-Spot--but if you got a me a brick type one--that would be cool.

Stay tuned for part 3

I think I'd prefer the gift card too!

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    I think I'd prefer the gift card too!
    Certainly--I know people who don't like to give giftcards because they think it isn't personal--but if it's from the right store--that shows some thought--and it's better than a gift that is never used.