Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partscaster

Axellent Member
    Sir, Keletcaster you are awesome. I put a piece of a credit card under the bridge and it worked. Almost didn't get my saddles high enough but I noticed that my neck was to straight. Backed off the truss rod and it came up like I wanted. Still have the low E as far back as it will go but intonation came out right. Thank you very much. Appreciate it. Thanks for everyone's input.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Axellent Member
    Screwed up my post. Put the credit card under the neck not the bridge.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mreilander View Post
    All the strat's that I've worked on with a 22 fret neck had the same neck pocket and neck heel as a 21 fret. The 22nd fret was simply the fingerboard overhanging the neck heel...
    That should not be causing intonation issues, as the scale length from nut to bridge is still the same.

I was wondering about that--as I have seen that before.
    I do know sometimes you can substitute a different scale neck without moving the bridge--but you may need to move the neck or the pocket--But still it's easier if you don't need to...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Your very welcome. A lot of times I cut the spring on the low E string so the saddle can go further back. A few times I have removed it completely. & One time on a real cranky one I actually filed down the back of a saddle to gain just a little more clearance.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.