Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you capo?

Very hard to play flat keys like Eb, Ab and Db open however- that's where a lot of guitar players wither.

I'm not a fan of playing in those keys--but I can do it...

without a capo.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Try playing with horns and NOT playing in those keys!

I know--someone needs to invent a horn that can change to guitar friendly keys...
    (Or if they exist--use them)
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I've got a capo question.

I've owned three different ones over the years...a spring handle capo, a thumbscrew unit, or most recently an elastic one. The elastic one's finally failed....It just so old and frail that the elastic was failing, so I cinched it up a little tighter and it's ripping apart. I probably want another capo to replace it. It's not a priority and I'm not interested in spending huge money.

The one thing I've experienced in all the past ones is having to modify the bar to match anything other than a flat radius. I'd like to avoid that if possible. Any recommendations?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Since we don't seem to be big capo users (Or are non users)--I wonder if anyone will have a suggestion for you...

I would have thought almost everybody would have one....If not for playing, to use as a tool when doing guitar work. No big deal - I don't need one right now, but I know there'll be a time.... I've found that if I have to unbolt a neck without unstringing, it's a good way to keep the strings indexed at the first or second fret.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I've never owned one

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I've got a capo question.

I've owned three different ones over the years...a spring handle capo, a thumbscrew unit, or most recently an elastic one. The elastic one's finally failed....It just so old and frail that the elastic was failing, so I cinched it up a little tighter and it's ripping apart. I probably want another capo to replace it. It's not a priority and I'm not interested in spending huge money.

The one thing I've experienced in all the past ones is having to modify the bar to match anything other than a flat radius. I'd like to avoid that if possible. Any recommendations?
    Doesn't a spring unit work on non-flat radius necks?

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Doesn't a spring unit work on non-flat radius necks?
    Since most modern guitars have non flat radius necks--once would think so (& hope so).
    Classical guitars & some other more specialized guitars will have a flat radius (Or nearly flat)
    WOuld these be absolutely flat or just a very close (like a large radius)