Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article/interview on buying a guitar (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Yeah used gear you can forget- although I've found there is almost always a little wiggle room in used gear pricing in stores.
    Well probably more than there is with new gear--they have more control over what they pay for used gear than they do on new gear.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

and whether they want to buy it--more than new gear--of course if there is a local demand for used stuff--or they have a regular customer that favours that sort of gear--it makes them more likely to buy the used gear.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Well probably more than there is with new gear--they have more control over what they pay for used gear than they do on new gear.
    Yeah, most stores will try to buy in and then double the price on a sale. That can be a lot of wiggle room if it is a pricier item

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Yeah, most stores will try to buy in and then double the price on a sale. That can be a lot of wiggle room if it is a pricier item
    I have heard of stores that go higher & ones that go lower--but that seems like a good average rule of thumb.
    Some stores will go higher if it's a trade though--as they move inventory.

On high demand items they may pay out less so they can make more--or they may be willing to go higher as they know they will sell it & make some bucks.
    But if it is in low demand or they are not sure of demand they will probably go lower to hedge their bets--or decline to buy or trade it.
    And if they have a bunch in the back on on display--they probably won't even care to look at it...

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    And if they have a bunch in the back on on display--they probably won't even care to look at it...
    Or they would really low ball you

I already covered that...