Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar Stands for Gigs

I for one would pay more for a stand that would be rock solid on gigs and yet portable if I knew it would last a long time. I really don't have the time to be calling manufacturers all the time because their products fail.

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I'm sure a gyro-stabilized guitar stand wouldn't be cheap, but you wouldn't buy one for a 200.00 Squier. I'm envisioning it being an investment for a guy who gigs a high-dollar vintage guitar or an expensive archtop or acoustic. People don't seem to object to spending big bucks for a high quality case, so I'd imagine spending serious dough on a high tech stand wouldn't be out of the question either. And, one would hope that an expensive accessory wouldn't have any cheap, breakable plastic parts, but would have a good warranty.
    Certainly--ust as you wouldn't buy an expensive case for one either--at least not normally--I suppose you could if you wanted to.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    I really don't have the time to be calling manufacturers all the time because their products fail.
    The cynic in me thinks they count on that.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    The cynic in me thinks they count on that.
    No question that this is exactly what they count on. Give a long guarantee because few will actually ever use it

Well I have mentioned a stand that had the plastic break where you tighten the post on the stand for height
    So that doesn't work--but it works out okay because you can still use it on the shortest setting & it works great for my Mandobird.
    I go it with a giftcard so that also softens the blow.

Well I opened a claim with them- we'll see what they do, if anything

Hopefully they do respond--stands are something you will probably buy on an ongoing basis...

If they don't reply in a couple days I will call them

K&M Memphis stands arrived today and my initial opinion is good.

They fold flatter than the Hercules and seem very solid. They have the same tubular bar construction that my K&M mic stands and trombone stands have, which is a good thing. They are also made in Germany, not in China like the Hercules (and they cost less)

The grabber mechanism folds flat which is a significant advantage over the Hercules because the Hercules mechanism sticks out when packed in the trunk and could be prone to damage over time when packed with many other cases.

I'll be using the K&M stand for the first time on a job on Saturday- more to come...

Well I may check them out next time I need a new stand...