Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: But should you really consider spending $2,200 on a guitar inspired by the old Teisco

I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Well I wouldn't buy it but someone will.

For this money you could get a custom build on just about any solid body platform with whatever any options you want- you could even get a lower priced Fender Custom Shop if you really shopped around. Unless this particular guitar garners some sort of cult status it would probably be hard to find a buyer if you wanted to sell it and the resale value would probably be very poor.

I agree on dB. There are tons of guitars out there that can warrant that 2k price tag.

Who knows, maybe the builder makes top notch stuff? Still even for those of us who don't really worry about resale value, I think it does matter in this instance.

If you pay 2200 for that your terrible with your money. Anybody here for 2200 I will build you an axe that would blow that thing away!
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    If you pay 2200 for that your terrible with your money. Anybody here for 2200 I will build you an axe that would blow that thing away!
    I believe it!

I've only come close once to spending that much on a guitar. A few years back, Long & McQuade offered me a Custom Shop 54 Strat for 2400.00. I was sorely tempted but they didn't have the COA for it, so I tubed the deal. Since then, I've probably spent close to that on a couple of my partscasters, but never considered buying a guitar off the rack for serious money.

However, if I was ever in a position to have a custom piece built now, it wouldn't be something like one of Nic Delisle's guitars....My short list would be KC or Ron Kirn.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I don't have that kind of money--it is a cool guitar, yes--and I get that smaller guitar makers have expenses to cover & all that--but too much for me.
    If I had the cash the only reasons I would spend that for a guitar would be-if I made my living playing one and it made sense to get one; or if I was buying a nice Resonator (Probably would be more than that)

but thought I would share to see what you all thought.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Ron Kirn's gutars are wonderful- my Jazzmaster was made by him.

Even for live playing you don't really need to pay $2200 for a good guitar- and you might find that once you spend that much you don't want to take the thing on gigs.

There are $500 electric guitars that play & sound great--but it depends on what kind of music & what kind of player.
    As well often the cheaper electrics are not built as well--and will require more maintenance & repairs.
    they may not last on the road as long...

But some boutique stuff has been found o be fragile as well...