Thread: Five Emerging Guitar Trends in 2018

Five Emerging Guitar Trends in 2018

Five Emerging Guitar Trends in 2018

Some don't affect me, some won' affect any buying I do, and some I am a part of (well the micro tube amp things any way)
    But in any case kind of an interesting list.

Discuss...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I'm all for protecting species but when CITES hit the world with the rosewood regulation, I got really sad. Its a good thing that I was able to secure a solid rosewood neck here. I'll definitely hold onto it forever and it wont leave my telecaster, but the downside is I want another rosewood neck like it, super fat and dark. I can definitely buy a rosewood neck but it'll be a risk bringing it into australia, even if I go to US and bring it back as a personal item. although I can find a custom guitar maker here and buy a solid rosewood neck with the specs that I want, but it'll certainly be expensive, but not as expensive as a ticket to the US and back.

on a favorable note, I love the technology nowadays and gears that can really get close to those legendary amps making it more portable and less expensive. I really want that Milkman amp pedal and as technology improves, I may not even buy a tube amp, and go fully digital, like a Kemper and run my pedals through it.

Certainly pros & cons for us as musicians
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.