Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walnut thinline build

Can you show photos of the walnut neck? That looks like a killer build!

and how does walnut sound like??

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Can you show photos of the walnut neck? That looks like a killer build!

and how does walnut sound like??
    The neck won't be done for about a month. I was actually just talking to the workers at tonebomb who are making my neck . Hopefully I will be getting photos as the build it. As for Walnut I love the smell and the feel . And thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've bought several Tomebomb body's. I swear by em' by far the nicest quality I have gotten from anyone. I haven't gotten a neck from them yet. I look forward to seeing your's. I have been gathering parts for a Tele build maybe I got to put an order in for a neck with them when I order the body. Keep the photos coming.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    I've bought several Tomebomb body's. I swear by em' by far the nicest quality I have gotten from anyone. I haven't gotten a neck from them yet. I look forward to seeing your's. I have been gathering parts for a Tele build maybe I got to put an order in for a neck with them when I order the body. Keep the photos coming.
    Shall do the messaged me last light I guess Iím getting striped macascar ebony in stead of solid black gaboon .for no extra charge .but I believe itís because they canít make the 3-5 build time the site says . They are running a little late .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good things come to those who wait. I bet it's awesome.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

I cant wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    I cant wait to see it!
    Yaeh, I'm looking forward to this one materializing. I've always had a love for walnut ever since I worked as a hardwood flooring installer. We used to trim oak in brass + walnut frames and it just looks so rich. I've thought about building a walnut body because I could probably get the materials for next to nothing where I used to work. My fear has always been the weight....both in terms of heavy body and the possibility of neck dive if the neck was walnut too. My answer, for now, is a regular body with walnut veneers on the front and the back. I hope one of these days to stop procrastinating and get on with it....

"I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Yaeh, I'm looking forward to this one materializing. I've always had a love for walnut ever since I worked as a hardwood flooring installer. We used to trim oak in brass + walnut frames and it just looks so rich. I've thought about building a walnut body because I could probably get the materials for next to nothing where I used to work. My fear has always been the weight....both in terms of heavy body and the possibility of neck dive if the neck was walnut too. My answer, for now, is a regular body with walnut veneers on the front and the back. I hope one of these days to stop procrastinating and get on with it....

The body was about 3-4 pounds . I will take it to work and get it weighed when it is finished . It will give you an idea

Parts came in the USA bigsby was not cheap but I think will be worth it In the long run .

Good choice on getting the domestic Bigsby instead of the import. I've owned a B-50 and wished I'd gone for a B5.

I'm liking the look of the gold on the walnut.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."