Thread: Guitar Brands That Came Back From the Dead

Guitar Brands That Came Back From the Dead

Guitar Brands That Came Back From the Dead

Not comprehensive, but here it is.

I would also like to mention that I am impressed that Danelectro did not charge outrageous prices for re-issues--unliek many other revived brand names did.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    ..............I would also like to mention that I am impressed that Danelectro did not charge outrageous prices for re-issues--unlike many other revived brand names did.
    I'm not too sure that I agree about the pricing thing. I'd never seen a Danelectro in the flesh, so had no idea what they charged for them. I assumed they were cheap, based on what I'd read about them being a budget brand that built guitars for department stores like Simpson-Sears, and had bodies built out of masonite. I discovered online that Long and McQuade sells them now, but they ain't cheap......I found only one model (on sale) below the 600.00 mark. I don't know if they're built in North American or have some other justification for the prices, but frankly, there are lots of other true name-brand guitars that I'd choose over Danelectro.

For many years, there didn't seem to be much of a Danelectro presence in the market here on the Island, other than one tiny accordion store in Victoria called Tempo Trend. I only noticed them because I was in the store buying a used Fender Bassman 135. Until recently, I'd have thought of Danelectro as the Invisible Brand.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Compared to other resurrected brands they are a bargain.
    That was my point.
    They didn't set out to try & sell them for $2000+--like some of the others.

And I have seen many in this area for well under $1000.
    Given the cost of many guitars & the value of the Canadian dollar--that's still a good deal--even if it is beyond what you (or anybody else) is willing to pay.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.