Thread: 6 offbeat vintage guitar control systems

6 offbeat vintage guitar control systems

6 offbeat vintage guitar control systems

I think spell would like this.

I found it fun to read.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

That's an interesting read. Thanks, zontar.

As much as I like the mad-scientist aspect of those guitars, I'm learning to like straight-forward systems. When I built my first Strat, I built in 13-way switching and a mid-boost, so there's lots of flavours available. But, most of the time, I'm either using the middle pickup by itself, or the middle and neck pickups in series. I tend to forget what some of this stuff does.....
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    That's an interesting read. Thanks, zontar.

As much as I like the mad-scientist aspect of those guitars, I'm learning to like straight-forward systems. When I built my first Strat, I built in 13-way switching and a mid-boost, so there's lots of flavours available. But, most of the time, I'm either using the middle pickup by itself, or the middle and neck pickups in series. I tend to forget what some of this stuff does.....
    Sometimes guitars with all sorts of options have some that don't sound that different from some of the others, and some just aren't useful

But on the other hand as we aren't all carbon copies, maybe some would appeal to other more...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.