Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You GAS'ing For Lately?

I got the Douglas Pisces to 51 P project floating around in my head but its not a case of GAS yet. At least not until I pay for Christmas.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

I'm New!
    19 guitars and 4 amps, I think I'm out of space...

...and yet, I can't stop thinking about the G.E. Smith Tele.

Oddly GAS free since I got the Alvarez but the wife actually planted a GAS seed about doing a Christian based Karaoke thing. Think of the gear I'll need to do that... Getting a tinge of PA GAS maybe.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

oh how I would love to have a blue diamond era fliptop... That would be the crowning achievement to my Ampeg family

Quote Originally Posted by BMusic View Post
    19 guitars and 4 amps, I think I'm out of space...

...and yet, I can't stop thinking about the G.E. Smith Tele.
    Make space! There's always more to think about. And buy!
    Member: TDPRI, Strat-Talk, Squier-Talk, Gibson-Talk
    http://www.myspace.com/proazza

I hate to admit that GAS is creeping up again in two places. Lately I've been wanting a blonde 50's Gibson Super 400 or L-5 with P-90s'. I know, you will say dream on...

The other thing is weirder- a 50's Ampeg fountain of sound amp (AKA Johnny Smith). Amp was built so that the speaker points up to give a more ambient sound- horizontal design built with legs so it looks like a pool table, not an amp. Crazy stuff...

Not too sure about the Gibson, but the Ampeg sounds neat!

The idea of firing speakers on different planes is interesting. I used to sell Cerwin Vega HED Series sub commodes that fired a 12" right at the floor which worked extremely well. And, I used to own one of the original Infinity Reference speaker systems, which used a vertical titanium-foil cone filled with acoustic foam as a high freqiency driver, which sounded wonderful. I suspect a guitar speaker that fired up would tend to load against the ceiling and have really good dispersion.

So....Have you found one of these Ampegs yet, and if so when are you going to succumb to the GAS?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Blooz you might consider finding some single coils that fit in the humbucker rout. I someone out there makes something like that and it would probably make a huge difference in bringing that guitar to life. I personally don't like humbuckers at all for what I play. Maybe it is because I am not generally accustomed to them but they just don't do it for me.
    Go to Welcome to Guitarfetish. They make a nice looking adapter for fitting single coils into humbucker routes.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Do you know how BAD my GAS is right now? You know why? Because I found a REALLY nice Semihollow guitar! I forgot that I decided to get another tele...

its a Hamer Echotone.

It's made in Indonesia and one of the local guitar shops here have it, and I finally got to test it... it's awesome! the feel is nice... The only thing that wasn't right was the sound.. it doesn't sound like a semihollow.. it sounds like an electric guitar.. it doesnt have that BB king tone that I hear in my head... so.. for the price, it's pretty good... the search continues...
    BB King's guitar has no f-holes, and also has a varitone switch, which makes a pretty big difference in the sound of his pickups. You may want to look into an Epiphone Lucille.

Gassin big-time for a Fender Modern Player Marauder right now.