Page 22 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You GAS'ing For Lately?

Bo is about as "Modern" Blues as I get. When he and Chuck hit the studios, the old guard Blues guys didn't know what to think. These two were selling records to White kids! Their records were a turning point!
    Ya can't pick up a turd by the clean end

AT Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Went to a guitar store yesterday and I tried a semi-hollow ES335 copy... I must say, my GAS for these guitars came back... GAH...

the ones I tried were just a cheap korean copy.. but I must say, the tone I'm looking for nails it.. pure BB King bluesy warm tone.. fat but not muddy... but the only thing that stopped me from getting it or putting it on a layaway, is the fit and finish is not that great...

The one I tried had humbuckers....

got me thinking though, that after dB's recent NGD, I want to try P90's... if I'm going to get an epiphone semi-hollow, might as well get something in the higher end.. and since I love single coils, why not go for a P90?

but yeah, I kinda like this one too... figured just change the pickups to something better but not over the top boutique like Seymour Duncans, etc...

Also, Im thinking twice about ordering these because I found a nice MIJ ES335 copy that I can test right away... it's already here, and no need to order online for the Epiphones... and in almost the same price as these Epiphones go... its a MIJ Burny, upgraded and setup already...

- MAPLE TOP/BACK AND SIDES

- MAHOGANY/MAPLE SOLID CENTER BLOCK

- MAHOGANY NECK

(LONG TENON!!!)

- OPEN BOOK HEAD STOCK W/ MOTHER OF PEARL BURNY DECAL

- ROSEWOOD FRETBOARD

- BONE NUT

- VINTAGE STYLE KLUSON TUNERS

(GREEN KEYS)

- VINTAGE PAF STYLE HUMBUCKER

-NASHVILE TYPE TUNE-O-MATIC BRIDGE

- STOP TAIL PIECE

- AMBER TOP HAT VOL/TONE KNOBS

- RED LABEL

- W/ ORIGINAL HARD SHELL CASE!!!
    Now that is nice. How is the price?

AT Member
    Well I can't post pics from my computer, interesting but I tried....so I will just say

On Memorial day I bought a PRS SE245, liked it fine, got a Peavey Classic 20 but decided I wanted Reverb and Trem and don't really like pedals. Returned the Peavey to GC and got a Ltd Edition DRRI.... Decided I would rather have a hollow body and got a Gretsch Anniversary. So now the 245 will be for sale shortly and I have serious electric GAS after only playing acoustics for I don't know how many years. Wish the manage attachments would let me post these from my computer, just won't work. Like the amp and guitar a lot.... would love an ES330 but, time to wait...

AT Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Oh man, I want this bad...........

Vintage Princeton Amplifier]
    I sold my '65 original in near mint condition (bad advise and I listened) about 7 or so years ago...with my '60 330 with one of those brown cases with the pink lining in near mint condition. I made money but..........I don't have them anymore....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	'65 PR amp.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	1958  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks like you're trying to back to better times. I like the Burny and think MIJ is better than a Chinese or Indonesion Epiphone.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

AT Member
    Quote Originally Posted by etechstan View Post
    Looks like you're trying to back to better times. I like the Burny and think MIJ is better than a Chinese or Indonesion Epiphone.
    I won't buy MIC for a few reasons, some political but also about quality. I have done MIK and they are ok..MIJ is a whole different story as good or better than MIA. Yea, I had a 345 when I was young because 335's were back-ordered due to popularity... I have never heard of burny before..thanks

friend of mine still has his 345- he bought it new in the early 60's. It is his favourite guitar

AT Member
    Mine was a '66 I believe, trapazoid tailpiece. I was ripped off when I traded it by a shop, the old Sam Ashe when there were only 2 or so stores. I should have kept that but I can say that for so many guitars...but it was my first real guitar, went from a nylon Harmony to that. I saved for 3 summers and when I started to play I had to wait a year (which was good) to buy it to have enough money. Then I had to save for my amp, which I got a few months later with a bit of help from Family. A nice set up for a 15 or 16 year old, a 345 and a pro reverb.

they did reissue the 345...

AT Member
    No, not another 345, I am for one not wanting any gold parts, the varitone for me was always a bit useless and now more so as I want a warmer not brighter tone (and yes, I can get this with the Gretsch). Life is good and I should stay with one electric sine I will not gig. I have already too many guitars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joel and Gretsch.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	1960