Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You GAS'ing For Lately?

Well my Mustang only has 2--I want more...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Well I knew about these things before--but after playign them today I am getting some GAS.
    One is realistic--one probably isn't.
    The TC Electronics Hall of Fame reverb pedal--the default sounds are great--and it also has the Tone Print option--like my octave pedal--with a ton of other sound options,
    from subtle to over the top.

But now the realistic option...
    I mean the less realistic option--unless I fond one used for good deal, or I traded/sold some of my stuff.
    The Ibanez SRH500F fretless bass.
    I love my SR500F & fretless is definitely where I want to be bass-wise--but this is a semi-hollowbody type bass & gives some new tone options.
    And a joy to play.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Some cool stuff that I'm no GASsing for though--but wouldn't turn down:
    Played today--
    Godin Summit Classic--w/P-Rails
    Godin Progression
    Fender Jazzmaster
    Kala UBass fretless
    Eastman Mandolins

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Some cool stuff that I'm no GASsing for though--but wouldn't turn down:
    Played today--
    Godin Summit Classic--w/P-Rails
    Godin Progression
    Fender Jazzmaster
    Kala UBass fretless
    Eastman Mandolins
    I'm drawing a blank on most of them, except the Jazzmaster. I've never had a chance to play a Fender offset, and wonder whether they'd feel like a mis-shapen Strat. I suspect I'd notice more difference on a jaguar because of the smaller scale. I have to confess, I'd like to own one just because I don't have a Fender offset in my collection.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I'm drawing a blank on most of them, except the Jazzmaster. I've never had a chance to play a Fender offset, and wonder whether they'd feel like a mis-shapen Strat. I suspect I'd notice more difference on a jaguar because of the smaller scale. I have to confess, I'd like to own one just because I don't have a Fender offset in my collection.
    I find them comfortable--In some ways I like the Jaguar better due to the scale--just like my Mustang--& I was concerned the Jazzmaster would feel too long--not the scale so much as the overall guitar--just like the FIrebird feels too long to me--but the Jazzmaster feels so comfortable.
    But no real GAS for one--although if someone were to give me one--I would graciously accept it.

As for the others:
    Godin Summit Classic--w/P-Rails--it comes with humbuckers or P-Rails.
    Godin Progression--half the price of a MIA Strat--and every bot as good to my ears--& I like Strats.
    Kala UBass fretless

Eastman Mandolins--I played both F Holes & Oval soundholes.

Again no real GAS for these--but I wouldn't turn one down either.

I'm going to say something pretty unexpected (At least for me). This is right up there with stuff like "I saw a Gibson the other day I need to own".....

I'm GASsing for a pedal.

I watched a pedal demo for the Digitech Mosaic the other day and can't stop thinking about it. I'm holding myself back more because of the price than anything. Maybe I should be rationalizing it more on the basis that the pedal's still cheaper than buying a 12 string guitar for the 5th time.

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I'm going to say something pretty unexpected (At least for me). This is right up there with stuff like "I saw a Gibson the other day I need to own".....

I'm GASsing for a pedal.

I watched a pedal demo for the Digitech Mosaic the other day and can't stop thinking about it. I'm holding myself back more because of the price than anything. Maybe I should be rationalizing it more on the basis that the pedal's still cheaper than buying a 12 string guitar for the 5th time.

Several pedals that can get you at least in he ballpark--but nothing wrong with GASsing for a pedal.
    I have.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Several pedals that can get you at least in he ballpark--but nothing wrong with GASsing for a pedal.
    I have.
    I generally find pedals subtly degrade the clean guitar sound when they're out of the circuit, and also hissy, but I'd take the chance for that one. I'm also very fond of the low-tech control approach.....Just two knobs, which is perfect for me.

I haven't looked at any other 12 string simulators, but I suspect that, like octave pedals, they're not all created equal. On older and less expensive octave pedals that will synthesize bass an octave down, the tracking of polyphonic notes is beyond bad. I'm expected older or cheaper 12 string octavizers might have similar deficiences. I like the way that Digitech sounds.....I'm already envisioning what it would sound like with my Janglecaster with Ric Toasters.

It sounds cool--and if that's the main thing you're looking for it to do--it should fit the bill.

If I got the pedal, I couldn't resist restringing my little Thinline Tele with Nashville tuning to try it.