Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You GAS'ing For Lately?

What Are You GAS'ing For Lately?

This is a thread for you guys who are gas'ing for something but you're undecided if you really want to buy it, or there's too much options to choose from, or if you don't have enough money but gas'ing pretty bad, or for other reasons....

I'm kinda GAS'ing for:

Squier CVC Telecaster
    ES335-ish guitar semihollow/tele thinline

A neck-thru bass, Peavey Cirrus or Schecter Stiletto. Will get mine this summer after vacation is paid for.

Easy question for me.

1- a high quality hollowbody archtop that I can use with the big band- so many choices out there but I'm finding it difficult to get the sound I really want (which is very specific)
    2- a gigging guitar- this is the biggest dilemma of all because it will force me to buy something in a lower end bracket than I am accustomed to but I really need something that can be knocked around at outdoor gigs

GAS has abated now that the stable is pretty much full. My Tele just got two new siblings over the past month or two...a Strat with a fat Warmoth neck and an Epiphone Dot. Been playing all three the past couple of days to get a handle on the tonal possibilities...just as varied as my kids' temperaments! Funny thing though...just got the Strat back from a badly needed fret level/polish and told the tech I was done buying guitars, to which he said, "Yeah I hear that all the time." ROTFL!
    Guitars...Fender Telecaster MIM 2004, Fender Stratocaster MIJ 1988, Epiphone Dot 2006, Epiphone PR-350L 1989
    Amp/Effects...Vox DA20, Digitech RP250

Something with p90 pickups.
    Video playing acoustic guitar at the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8

I really want one of these.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	esquire.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	1132
    Member: TDPRI, Strat-Talk, Squier-Talk, Gibson-Talk
    http://www.myspace.com/proazza

Do you know how BAD my GAS is right now? You know why? Because I found a REALLY nice Semihollow guitar! I forgot that I decided to get another tele...

its a Hamer Echotone.

It's made in Indonesia and one of the local guitar shops here have it, and I finally got to test it... it's awesome! the feel is nice... The only thing that wasn't right was the sound.. it doesn't sound like a semihollow.. it sounds like an electric guitar.. it doesnt have that BB king tone that I hear in my head... so.. for the price, it's pretty good... the search continues...

iaitb, I hate to sound the snob again but those Indonesian, Chinese, Vietnamese built guitars are pretty generic and the prices are always good but you're getting what you pay for and it won't be long before the honeymoon is over and your out looking for a new one. The Rockbass I bought last year has lost it's magic and I'm ready to move up and away from the low grade Asian built guitars. There are some great Asian built guitars but you're gonna spend over $500. I'm done with the junk.

Hmm, what aren't I GASsing for?

that might be the shorter answer.

But to be realistic?
    A Godin Progression
    a semi hollow with a trapeze tailpiece
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by etechstan View Post
    iaitb, I hate to sound the snob again but those Indonesian, Chinese, Vietnamese built guitars are pretty generic and the prices are always good but you're getting what you pay for and it won't be long before the honeymoon is over and your out looking for a new one. The Rockbass I bought last year has lost it's magic and I'm ready to move up and away from the low grade Asian built guitars. There are some great Asian built guitars but you're gonna spend over $500. I'm done with the junk.
    yep- exactly my concern with the gigging guitar I am trying to decide on