Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: file-size quota

So it seems I'm not the only one with album issues. I won't worry about it then. I'll use threads if I can't get the albums to work.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by edandis View Post
    I'm also having the same problem uploading already resized photos from photobucket. My solution was simpler, I got rid of my album.

Okay, so I've done some more tests with different size pics in my albums. I currently have a few 45kb gifs up there. Regardless of the file-size, when I try to upload more files, I get a message telling me that my total album file-size quota has been exceeded by the approximate amount that I have just uploaded. So I delete the album and try again with smaller files, and I get the same message, with the approximate amount of the current previous.
    So it seems that my current file-size quota is zero. haha
    Oh well. Enough experimenting. I will follow the advice of Die Bullen and others and start some threads to share pictures of my gear.

Essentially the same problem I had. Get busy doublewah, don't keep us in suspense. LOL

A big plus in using photobucket is that you can post the same photo numerous times, lots of the forum attachments will only allow you to post it once.
    In another forum I am in there is a limit of well under 100 k so I often shrink them down. I use a program called Photofiltre that lets you add text, adjust photo editing, and adjust the physical size of the picture as well-and its a free download-check it out!
    PhotoFiltre - Download
    Last edited by anfontan; 08-12-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    "Minister of useless trivia-that says it all!"

Thanks, anfontah. I have noticed that a few Axetalk members use Photobucket. I haven't really needed to, but I may in the future.

I get all the gear chat I need right here, at Axetalk.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by anfontan View Post
    A big plus in using photobucket is that you can post the same photo numerous times, lots of the forum attachments will only allow you to post it once.
    In another forum I am in there is a limit of well under 100 k so I often shrink them down. I use a program called Photofiltre that lets you add text, adjust photo editing, and adjust the physical size of the picture as well-and its a free download-check it out!
    PhotoFiltre - Download

I have the same issue with quota...im using photobucket and i have uploaded 2 pix ,together they are around 50 kb but thats all i can upload

never mind problem solved

OK, I checked again, and D'oh! I was sure the limit was set at 5 megs -- but it was set at 50,000 bytes. I thought I was setting Kilobytes and had 5000 of those. But the setting was bytes and I had 50000.

So, this has been corrected. Sorry to be so slow to respond to this. I checked the setting a while ago and felt confident it was correct. And, since photo uploading is easy for newer users to get wrong I figured that must be the reason a few were having issues.

Again, this is fixed now. And everyone has 5 megs of photo album space.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    I currently have a few 45kb gifs up there.
    I realize that this is from May, but I wanted to let you know that you should use JPGs not GIFS for your photo album. And they should be edited for less han 100k each and less than 1000 px tall and 1000 px wide, as well. Same them as "medium" jpgs and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AxeTalk View Post
    I realize that this is from May, but I wanted to let you know that you should use JPGs not GIFS for your photo album. And they should be edited for less han 100k each and less than 1000 px tall and 1000 px wide, as well. Same them as "medium" jpgs and you'll be fine.
    Hmmm. Not sure why I was using GIFs. I almost always use JPGs.
    Thanks for the clarification on the file sizes, AT. Perhaps future "new members" can use this thread as a guide...